New Jersey

Need Help....looking for photobooth/florist/limos/dyeable shoe stores

Good afternoon Knotties!

I am in the process of slowly chipping away at my check list.  While the "BIG" ticket items are taken care of (church location/reception location/dj/photographer) I am on the next part of the list of "little" things.

We are in need of recommendations for:

1. Photobooth vendor - looking for one that won't cost a whole lot (looking between 300-500 for 4 hours) and prints 2 copies of the pictures (one for book one for guest), as well as puts our name and date on the photo.
  2. Florist - someone that is local to the Ewing/Hamilton/Lawrence/Trenton/Bordentown/Columbus area.  Not looking for a chainy type florist but one that is well known and does great work but doesn't over book....(wishful thinking I'm guessing).  I know that I have time for flowers but I'd like to sit down with a few to see what they offer and what their quoted pricing would be so I can determine who I want to go with.  I'd love to have this portion nailed down before the end of October because come November, there is going to be alot going on!
  3. Dyeable shoe stores - My girls are getting their dresses from David's Bridal.  While they have a nice selection of dyeable shoes, we were looking for any other stores that have dyeables available.  Some of my girls are not into buying shoes online and like to try them on before they buy them.  Can anyone recommend any stores that have dyeables besides David's Bridal?
  4. Limo - We have a total of 15 that will need to be transported (the 2 RB's and 1 FG will ride with their respective grandparents).  We're looking for either a Hummer H2 or a Limo bus (party bus w/limo interior) for about 4 1/2 hours. The limo should be willing to stop at multiple locations for photos (2-3 locations - all local) and be local enough for us to drop off beer/wine coolers/champagne the night before to be chilled for the day of. Would love it if the limo company is local to the Mercer County/Burlington/Monmouth area.

If anyone can recommend any of the above, I would GREATLY appreciate it! I would really like to knock these things off my list.  Thanks so much in advance!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: Need Help....looking for photobooth/florist/limos/dyeable shoe stores

• RMMJSRMMJS member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I just got married on the 12th and am very happy with my vendors.  For flowers, we used AW in Kearny-flowers were GORGEOUS.  People thought I spent thousands more than I actually did (no joke!)  
    We had 19 people in our stretch Infiniti SUV limo-we got it from Santos.  The limo driver was awesome!  She was early, very helpful-especially since it rained the day of-she got each and every person out of the limo and to the church by walking with them with an umbrella to the church!
    I wouldn't worry too much about where the vendor is located, since they travel!
    Good luck!
  • @RMMJS congrats on your wedding! do you have any pictures of your flowers from your wedding, we are using A&W too.
  • I'm still looking for my vendors so unfortunately, I don't have recco's for you. However, I would nix the dyeable shows. Let your girls buy their own shoes in a neutral color (black, silver, gold, or nude). This is an extra expense no one wants and who is going to wear them again? I would just skip this aggravation.
  • you can check out chromatics colored shoes. I got emerald green ones for my wedding and I am going to put peacock shoe clips on them. I first discovered them at the NYC Not Wedding

• So sorry-just saw this post!  I will look for some pics and send them!
  • RMMJS said:
    I just got married on the 12th and am very happy with my vendors.  For flowers, we used AW in Kearny-flowers were GORGEOUS.  People thought I spent thousands more than I actually did (no joke!)  
    We had 19 people in our stretch Infiniti SUV limo-we got it from Santos.  The limo driver was awesome!  She was early, very helpful-especially since it rained the day of-she got each and every person out of the limo and to the church by walking with them with an umbrella to the church!
    Good luck!
    Just wondering if you have any pics from your wedding?! I'm using AW also!
  • For a photobooth, I'd look on groupon, they're in your price range, but they don't put out the deals until a few months prior. You should check them out.
  • Allie716 said:
    RMMJS said:
    Good luck!
    I will send some pics once I find flower ones-lol!
  • RMMJS said:
    Allie716 said:
    RMMJS said:
    Good luck!
    I will send some pics once I find flower ones-lol!
    Great! Thanks so much!
  • Does AW Florist have a website? I've googled them and can't seem to locate any.  Please let me know!!!!

I will check out Santos limo and see what they come out with!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • AW does not have a website.  He told us that he does not advertise or have a website or FB, because he does most of his business by word of mouth.  It also keeps costs down for the customer. 
  • RMMJS: I read numerous reviews about him and I am little concerned by the negative reviews. Not returning calls and not delivering what was discussed during trials, etc. I can't take that gamble especially with him being in Kearny. Businesses that don't have a website also bother me as well. Then I can't see all of his work.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • Has he not returned your calls?  That is not good.  If I ever called for him, he returned my call pretty quickly.  Honestly, the flowers we wound up with looked better than the pics he showed us and what he explained.  Sometimes, people just want the vendor to read their mind and give them a lot of product for a little money.  People usually just review when they are upset about something, not when they are happy.  Luckily, I knew what I was getting into with all of my vendors because I was specific.  
    Good luck finding your florist, there are a lot of great ones out there!
  • Yeah I have read the reviews but all the people that have used him have been happy and he did the arrangements for my father's funeral and my engagement corsage and they came out really beautiful
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards