Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Machu Picchu, Peru Honeymoon...

My fiance and I just made the deposit for our Peru honeymoon today. We are doing Lima, Cuzco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, and Mancora Beach. I am beyond happy! Has anyone ever been to these places? Any recommendations for certain areas to go or places to skip, things to experience, great places to eat, ect? Or if you know anyone who has been there, I'd love the feedback of how it was. Thanks

Re: Machu Picchu, Peru Honeymoon...

• Options
    muenginerdmuenginerd member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2013

Congrats, Peru is such a beautiful country.  I haven't made it down to Machu Picchu yet, but from Peru expereince I highly recommend traveling with Cipro or another antibiotic.  We send mission trips down to Peru every year and almost everyone gets sick at somepoint.  No matter how careful you are with water we always end up sick. 

It's not a big deal at all though.  If you have Cipro or another strong antibiotic start it as soon as you start to feel sick, you might sleep a couple hours and everything is gone.  You're great the rest of the trip.  Talk to a doctor when you get your travel vaccines and they'll give you a perscription to fill. 

• Options
    That is great advice. I had completely forgotten to look up vaccine information. Thank you very much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards