Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

It was on the invitation!

Hello!  So I lurk quite often and have been schooled many a times while reading the discussions (thank you).  We have been invited to 2 weddings right around in the time of ours and when I saw the invites I cringed just a little.  On one it listed right in the invitation that it is an "Adult Only Wedding"  I think the RSVP card even said " ___Adults will be attending", in case you missed the adult only part. The first thing I saw on the other invitation was where they are registered and a note that said money would be well used d/t a recent big purchase.  I guess not everyone lurks like I do, but I am sure glad I have!

Re: It was on the invitation!

• Options
    Yuck.  Some people just won't ever get it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So now they are asking you to pay for something that they've already purchased?  Don't buy what you can't afford! 

Maybe they bought a house, but still...don't buy what you can't afford to pay for on your own.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good for you for knowing the difference.
  • Options
    Gross.  How happy are you that you won't be making similar faux pas?!?
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    Ugh.  I'm glad you know not to do it.  Your guests will appreciate that.
  • Options
    Ya know what makes it awkward? When they tell you to do it because they did and "it was fine, nobody minded!" Then you have to either dance around the subject and think of an excuse (mine was that my invites are already printed), or tell them that you won't be following their lead because it was rude. I'd love to do the second one, but I'll always do the first.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We recently received an invite asking guests to "wear formal attire". I honestly would've looked right past it if it wasn't for this board!
  • Options

We recently received an invite asking guests to "wear formal attire". I honestly would've looked right past it if it wasn't for this board!

So you thought it was rude only because of this board? If you wouldn't have been upset about it before- is it really rude? "well I thought the sky was blue before I read on a message board  that its actually pink, so now the sky must be pink." really?  think for yourself.
  • Options

So you thought it was rude only because of this board? If you wouldn't have been upset about it before- is it really rude? "well I thought the sky was blue before I read on a message board  that its actually pink, so now the sky must be pink." really?  think for yourself.

Well someone's cranky! It was in small print on the bottom of the invite. Didn't even notice it first time around. And yes, a year ago I would've looked right past it. That's the point of these boards sweets.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards