Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Organising June 2014 Las Vegas wedding from Manchester, UK-need your help!

Morning all Knot ladies and gents I have been scouring TA and this forum comes highly recommended. I hope you can help! After 15 years together and engaged for 3 we have decided to run away to Vegas to get married! We are going just the two of us for a simple no fuss ceremony and then honeymoon thought the national parks and down Californian coast line. So the wedding...... Thinking of flying out Sunday 22nd to the get married on Tuesday 24th June. Staying at the Wynn in a Tower Room. Groom wants a corvette for vegas and the honeymoon so limited luggage space-arghh! First question-I don't think we need a car for 4 nights in vegas? Ceremony on the Tuesday-I think hotel chapels are too expensive for us, hoping to do ceremony for $600 tops. Thinking chapel of the flowers on their gazebo package. Second question-would 11am be too hot in Vegas to get married outside? Also drawn to a elvis wedding for him to walk me down the aisle and conduct the ceremony-thinking more relaxed and memorable and a definite when in vegas-thoughts on this? Fun and different or too tacky? Any recommendations for an elvis wedding? Then thinking strip photography tour with Todd Wilson-want to have fab photos of the day. Then few cocktails at the chandelier bar at Cosmo and then meal somewhere-thinking Mon Ami Gabi or somewhere in the Bellagio to get the classic vegas views of the fountains? Have looked at Wynn restaurants and very nice but could be anywhere? We want to feel in vegas. So the day could look like 8.30am-breakfast delivered to the room 9.30am-hair and make up for me-sent groom down to the bar-need help with this as well, Amelia C mentioned a lot 11am-ceremony at chapel of the flowers for gazebo or somewhere with elvis a bit later in the day 11.30am-picked up by Todd 1.30pm-dropped at chandelier bar for drink 2pm-wedding lunch somewhere 4pm-bit of gambling in wedding outfits 6pm-more drinking at funky cocktail bars My head is spinning with what to do with the day, as just the two of us don't want to feel that we are hanging around or not sure what to do with ourselves! Hope you can help-any suggestions welcome, nothing booked yet and really appreciate some advice Thank you Kate x

Re: Organising June 2014 Las Vegas wedding from Manchester, UK-need your help!

• Options
    Hi Kate

This forum is great to give you advice.  The ladies and VG are VERY knowledgeable and can give you advice on anything.

There is a lot to consider and your options are unlimited.  Like you, I am organising from far away (New Zealand) so love visiting this forum for ideas and suggestions.

Our wedding is small, 4 people.  We are getting married at Chapel of the Flowers at 2.00pm.  We are staying in a wraparound terrace suite at the Cosmo so having photos there first, then will head down to the strip for more photos and then dinner.  Options for dinner are Mix Restaurant at Mandalay Bay or Scarpetta at the Cosmospolitan.  Mix has amazing strip views and Scarpetta has views of the fountains.  I have to decide soon! 

Last time we went to Vegas it was part of a two week tour of the US.  We had a convertible mustang for the LA/Vegas part and it was so small that one of our suitcases had to be put on the back seat.  The only time we really needed a car in Vegas was when we drove to the Grand
    Canyon.  We either took a cab or took the deuce to places we wanted to go within Vegas.

I am going with my gut feeling on most things.  If it feels right and excites me then I tend to go for it.

Have fun with your planning!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    SmidgerrSmidgerr member
    First Comment
    edited August 2013
    Hello Kate we also travelling from the uk (Tyne and Wear) to get married in July , we are also looking the chapel of flowers,Victorian chapel, our party will be 20/25 including us two, we were advised against the gazebo as it will be too hot to have our guests sitting in the vegas sun. We are still struggling looking for a hotel to stay !!! It's a bit overwhelming so I can't wait for my partner to come back from visiting family so she can take over !!! We too are torn with elvis doing the service with a couple of songs , we have been together 20 years and think it might be a bit of fun seeing we're in vegas anyways , let us know what you decide For our wedding dinner / reception we are 95% certin on MAGGIANOS , all the best with your planning Rob
  • Options
    spoon1984spoon1984 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    Hi Kate, I'm also from the UK and just got married in Vegas last month. You really don't need a car whilst in Vegas (unless you want to go Grand Canyon etc).  If you want to save some £ that would be a good way. Saying that, It's around $25 each way in a cab to the license bureau, plus a taxi from the airport is $30. Once you start adding up the cab fares its not that cheap and could go towards the price for your rental car. We also went to the north outlets, another $25 each way.

There so much to see on the strip though so you really don't need one. I've never had one on previous trips but his time we had a car for one day, when we drove back from California we kept it for an extra day. We drove to the outlets and Town Square for shopping and Red Rock Canyon. We had so much luggage we were thankful we got a Jeep as it wouldn't have fitted in a regular car.

Its so hot in July I don't tend to notice much of a difference in temp whether its 10am or 6pm. I just got married in Caesars this July (3pm), it was around 110 that day.  I loved getting married outdoors. It was incredibly hot though so unless you really love the heat and must get married outside, you may want to think about an indoor ceremony. I think the majority would advise against an outdoor ceremony in July but we honestly loved it.

I got my hair and makeup done at the salon in my hotel (Cosmopolitan), have you thought about the Wynn's salon as an option? I had 9 guests with me but I didn't have any bridesmaids etc.

Have you considered getting married on a gondola? I've never heard of anyone doing that on here but I think that would of been high on my list if it had been the two of us.

I think all your plans sound really great!

• Options
    You definitely don't need a car while on the strip, but the vet would be fun to take to the grand canyon!

I'd also look at a few other hotels to save money or get a really nice room.  I'm an April bride and looked at the Wynn, Cosmo, Bellagio, Venetian, etc for our rooms and found that most hotels discount their suites pretty deeply this far in advance but the Wynn really didn't.  We have a 1200 sq ft suite with a balcony reserved at the Cosmo for LESS than a standard room that night at the Wynn because I booked it 8 months out.

Mon Ami Gabi is delicious food, I'm not married yet though so don't have much to say on vendors and chapels.  (Chapels were out for us, none are big enough for our guest list)
  • Options
    Morning all -those in the UK anyway! Thanks for your replies and great comments, much appreciated. I have had at look at the cosmopolitan and whilst the rooms do look amazing we stayed at the Aladdin 7 years ago so thinking the Wynn would give us a different perspective, also the crowd seems younger and more party at Cosmo and as much as I am up for a party there are quite a few comments on bookings.com reviews that too much, I think we will stick with the Wynn. I have looked at a gazebo wedding but due to the heat need to do it early or evening, I don't want a 10am wedding and don't want to wait all day! I have been on YouTube and Graceland chapel looks amazing! So much fun and very different, think we will embrace the vegas-ness of our wedding! It's also air conditioned so we can book the ceremony for 2pm so lie in, breakfast, hair and make up, drinks in the bar before we go-at the request of my FI!! Is it weird to have a drink together before the limo? I will seed him down to the bar and them met him in my dress and looking beautiful (I hope!) Appreciate might not need a car but by the time factored in airport transfer, court for licence and we want to do red rock canyon worth having-again FI is very keen on the vet!! I think we will book the flights, Wynn and graceland chapel in next few days. I want to get vegas side of trip sorted ASAP and then will start looking at the honeymoon side of it. Thanks for all your comments, let me know how you all get on-lots of good comments and Maggianos for reception so good call. Kate x
  • Options
    Hi Kate,
    I'm another UK bride, getting married in Little Church of the West and having a reception at the Wynn buffet in April next year :)
    It sounds like you have everything pretty much sorted and your plans sound really good. As for your suggestion of having a drink together before the ceremony I think that's a lovely idea! If you're having a photographer with you all day it's a great opportunity for some 'first look' photos too :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Options
    Morning Jiimanie-thanks for your post, I do get a bit obsessive about organising-once it's all booked I can relax! You have made me think about having a photographer for longer, I was going to go for just 2 hours after the ceremony for a strip photo tour but my FI has said he would like to drive, we are renting a corvette convertible (his dream!) for the whole holiday. He finds limos a bit naff so he would much prefer to drive, would mean he couldn't drink but think he would sacrifice that. We could then have a photographer with us at the hotel, do first look at the bar and then photos of us driving off to get married. Humm....what do you think? I think it depends on whether FI what's a nerve calming drink or to drive....!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards