August 2013 Weddings

Still UPSET about my wedding 8/10/13

Got married this past saturday, it didn't go well for me. Hope it's better for you all.

Things that went wrong to look out for or communicate with your wedding party.

Before the wedding/after drama:

Bridesmaids were supposed to be ready by 5:30 the latest to take pictures before the ceremony. They weren't ready till 30 minutes before ceremony.

None of my bridesmaids where there to support me before I walked down, everyone was concerned about themselves. Which is fine, but do it way ahead of time not before we walk down the aisle.

My fiance at the time calls me an hour before the ceremony telling me all the groom's men had the same color execept for one. I was furious, we went in person serveral times to Al's formal wear to make sure everyone had the same colors and correct suits, and they managed to still F-up. 

I was trying not to stress the whole time, but it wasn't that easy.

Then on top of all that drama, my mom and dad are both walking me down the aisle becuz my parents are divorced. So we are walking down and my mom falls while we are walking down the aisle and screams when she falls. Thank God she wasn't hurt, but it totally ruined my experience of walking down the aisle. I was upset that it ruined my flow of walking down the aisle i couldn't even make eye contact with my groom, becuz the veil was thick and the sun was in my face. I will never get to experience what it's really supposed to feel like :( ever again.

So then we start the ceremony and we get to the unity candles, and there were no matches to light the candle. So we had to borrow a lighter from someone in the crowd.

We strictly said no kids, but of course the only kids that were invited were the ones we had in the wedding. So we put out glow sticks and bubbles for our send off and the coordinator's assistant let the kids take out all the glow sticks and started breaking them so they can glow hours before our getaway.

Oh yeah and one of my bridesmaids/my fiance sister had an attitude since the dinner rehearsal and on the wedding day. So I tried to talk to her to make conversation and to see if she was ok. And she was just giving me one word answers and on the wedding day she was very disrespectful. Then on our honeymoon she texts my husband saying I have to get something off my chest. Your wife made ZERO effort to talk to my boyfriend and I at the wedding and at the after party. OH HELL NO, seriously after all her attitude and when I tried to talk to them they didn't seem like they wanted to talk to me. Anyhow so make sure to give ur wedding party attention or sister in laws otherwise you get that.

Last but not least my coordinator had assistants that didn't decorate the way I wanted. Totally changed what I wanted............

Just aheads up ladies, I really hope you all have a smoother wedding day then I did! :)

Re: Still UPSET about my wedding 8/10/13

• Awww i am so sorry to hear about you feeling upset over your wedding! Thank you for sharing all this - its def a valuable lesson to make sure i yell at everyone next week to be ready on time!

I know it is hard and if you concentrate on all these bad experiences you will only continue to dwell on them - try to look at the brighter picture - you married the love of your life, all friends and family were there for you, hopefully you had an amazing and fun honeymoon! I am truly sorry to hear about your mom falling while you were walking down the aisle - its good to hear she was ok - but its sad that your moment was not how it was expected :( Try not to let this ruin the happy moments of your day!

In regards to your bridesmaids / sister in law - i found out the hard way that during my wedding planning you truly see who your real friends are! I am sorry to hear that you had to go thru that drama!

Congratulations!!!

Anniversary

Vacation
  • I'm so sorry to hear this :( I know it marred your special day and your walk down the aisle. That's not fair that all these things you spent so long planning didn't go as expected. I hope like smitten said that you can hopefully see some of the brighter aspects and that you and your husband !! are at least enjoying the start of your married life together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Smitten-Good luck with your wedding! So true you defiantely see who our true friends are. Thank you!

Thank you ladies for the encouragement! I am slowly getting over it lol, and trying to put it behind me! I am enjoying our married life and defiantely enjoying my husband! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards