Not Engaged Yet
Options

About to propose! Need help with ringbox!

edited August 2013 in Not Engaged Yet

Hi--please excuse me if this is in the wrong forum.

I will be proposing within the next 8 weeks, and I am looking for brightly colored ring boxes (like below). My girlfriend has showed me these many times, and particularly loves the orange, pinks and yellow boxes. She especially loves how the inside of the box is not plain white, but the same vivid color as the exterior.

I have searched all over for these colors (or similar) in a velvet, clam-shell style. 

Can anyone please help or provide some recommendations?

Thanks,

Tonyimage

Re: About to propose! Need help with ringbox!

• Options
    Have you checked etsy.com? 
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hi and thanks for replying. Yes, I've scoured etsy for both new and vintage ones. Nothing yet...holding out hope that someone out there can help! 
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    The best I could do is this: CLICK. It's pink and grey on the outside and grey on the inside. It's not bright but it is all one color (no white) on the inside. 

Is there a reason this is so important to her?

ETA: Here's a pink one: CLICK

• Options
    When I was looking online, I came across a site that stated that the design department handmade all of the boxes for that issue and they were never reproduced. It was to encourage a DIY projects. So, this may be what you have to resort to unfortunately! Wish I could be more helpful :-) It is so cool that you are wanting to put in that extra touch for her! Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm not sure if my ring was even in the box when DH proposed to be honest... This seems like a funny thing to me. I mean, if it's important to her, go for it, but I've never met anyone who really cared about the ring box. It looks like Etsy will be your best bet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Good luck with your search!  Is there a reason why the box is so important to her?

FWIW, my H didn't even bring the box with him.  He hid my ring in an SD card case in his camera bag while we went on vacation (the bag that I carried through the airport too, so I unknowingly carried my ring for hours before he proposed...he got a kick out of that).  When he actually proposed, he just held the ring in his hand, which I kind of liked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards