Ohio-Cincinnati

Bridal and Formal and a Monique dress question

Soo I went to Bridal and Formal and tried on a dress that I absolutely loved... the women kept calling it the Monique Bandaid gown and said it was brand new and they had yet to see it on someone until me-- it was $6,600. Well after I left I started searching online for pictures of it and couldnt find it anywhere, so I called the store and they said yes, it was the Monique Lhuillier Bandaid but that she probably just didnt want pictures of her new line up because she was known for that; however, Lhuillier's new gowns are all posted online including her latest runway show, so I feel like something is super sketchy about this whole thing. It is a really wide halter neck and criss crosses in the front and has a slightly open back with a sheath layer overtop of a silk layer. It fits snug but has a fairly big train. Does anyone have a clue which dress this is or had any issues like this with bridal and formal?
That is the true season of love when we believe that we alone can love, that no one could have ever loved as much before, and that no one will ever love in the same way again

Re: Bridal and Formal and a Monique dress question

• edited December 2011
    That does seem weird. and bridal and formal sucks with that kinda stuff like wanting you to see what u tried on after you leave but I dont see how they can lie about something like that haha. I bet the desigern just hasnt put it up yet sometimes not all of the lines release at the same time for example the Alfred Disney Collection different dresses came out at different times. but if you loved the dress does it matter who the designer is? 

&& girl if i could pay $6,000 id go to Klienfelds ! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hbrockman01hbrockman01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out http://moniquelhuillier.com/ under the Fall 2012 collection there is something close to what you are describing... its called the Emotion. It is quite possible that BF called it something different.
  • edited December 2011
    Ha I have no desire to spend that much on the dress, that is why I wanted to find out what it was so I could attempt to look other places and see if anywhere had it for less or if i could hire someone to make something similar to it.... but the designer makes absolutely no difference to me, I just wanted to make sure they werent trying to sell me a gown from like 5 years ago and pull it off like it was brand new because it just seems so strange. The only reason I put the price was because I thought it might make someone remember it or make it more easily identifiable. 

I checked the Lhuillier website and unfortunately, it isnt on there. I honestly even googled, yahooed, asked, etc (all major search engines ha) images and searched every dress. I am going to go back and check it out but I was just curious if anyone else had run into the same type of issue. Thanks for your help girls!
    That is the true season of love when we believe that we alone can love, that no one could have ever loved as much before, and that no one will ever love in the same way again
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards