New York-Hudson Valley

HV affordable venue....help!!!!!

Hi there! My name is Kristin and my fiancé and I are very newly engaged (just 2 weeks). We would like to get married in the Hudson Valley or locally in CT, as we live close to the border. I am haing MAJOR issues finding somewhere affordable that isn't a typical, boring hall. I'd like to have the ceremony outside and we want to get married Oct. 2014. Of course, anywhere I LOVE is wayyyy over $100pp which I think is ridiculous! This seems to be the norm.,,,any suggestions????

Re: HV affordable venue....help!!!!!

• Try the Fountainhead in New Rochelle. What about Water's Edge or The Candlewood Inn in CT?
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ceola manor, chalet on the Hudson, dutchess manor they are all around $100 pp
  • Im getting married in October 2014 too! Have you thought about a date? Im from eastern Orange county and We're getting married in Dutchess county. A few affordable places I have found are:

Grandview Hotel or Anthony's Pier 9 (it seems pricy right off the get go, but they have a lot of things included)
    The Villa Borghese (This is where we're getting married. Their pricing starts around 90 but they have a lot included)
    La Mirage in Ulster Park (a friend got married here and they said it was very reasonably priced)
    Colden Manor at Spruce Lodge (in the newburgh/montgomery area) reasonably priced. 

I dont know how far you are willing to travel so I'll end my list here. 
  • Thanks everyone!!! @Jean0715 we are thinking a Friday in Oct...either 17th or 24th. I'll definitely look at some of the suggestions above. Thanks again!
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We got married in October at The Links at Unionvale...they have some great packages
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • WeeshWeesh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    ssage said:
    We got married in October at The Links at Unionvale...they have some great packages
    @ssage

How did you like the Links?  We are getting married there next year, and Teri has been great so far.  How was the food?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssagessage member

The Links was wonderful...the food was excellent and Terri is beyond amazing!  She was so great throughout the whole process and really cares about the couples.  Everyone raved about the food and the service. 

The only part of our wedding that made me sad was that we could not take advantage of the grounds for pictures because it was raining :(....

Wishing you nothing but the best and if you hve questions, let me know.

• WeeshWeesh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    @ssage

I'm so glad to hear about the Links!  We are getting married there on July 4th of next year :)

We haven't tried much of the food yet--we went to the bridal show there this year, but it was so crowded that we were only able to try a few things.  Teri has been wonderful so far, and I'm excited about working with her.

Glad you had a wonderful day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssagessage member

You will have a beautiful wedding there.  I actually only tried a bit of the food before our wedding...we had ate in the bar part when golf season was on but it isn't the same food LOL.

They also do some buffets for holidays and mom/dad's day so you could try the food then too if you were interested. 

• We are also having some of the same issues but seem like we may be on an even smaller budget than you!  We are actually considering a destination wedding now because of the high price tag that hudson valley and bergen county have.  Please keep posting any venues that would be affordable! 
  • Congrats!

I also was looking for something outside the normal boring hall and I just booked at the Over Look Lodge at Bear Mountain.    Bear Mountain has few options for the reception( The Inn, the Lodge and the Merry go Round room) but for ou size wedding i choose the Lodge  There is an outdoor space for the ceremony and it's so beautiful there.    Price per head  for a May wedding on a Fri night was $109.  

• fay1009fay1009 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2013
  • I'm getting married October 2014 at the Rhincliff Hotel.  It's a little different, really beautiful, and the banquet manager (also owner), James, has been great working with us so that they fit our budget.  Their website isn't great, but you can find good pictures on local photographers websites!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards