Connecticut

Mystic Yachting Center

Has anyone been married or been to a wedding at Mystic Yachting Center?  How are the prices and service?

Re: Mystic Yachting Center

• jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ...where?  I grew up in Mystic and I have no idea where that is.
  • edited December 2011
    Willow Point/Essex Street in Mystic
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up going with Mystic Seaport, but we looked at the Yachting Center. I was kind of confused by it. The pictures online looked beautiful but when we drove there, I couldn't tell which building it was it. THe big white one seemed to have a different address. My parents weren't crazy with it being right in the middle of a boat yard. 
    I've never been to an actual wedding there though so I'd be curious if other people have. 
    Mystic is a great place for a wedding though!
  • PrincessLea84PrincessLea84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into it, but think it can be quite costly between what they charge for the facility rental and then bringing in all of your own catering/decorations, etc. I opted for a more inclusive, less-stress venue but its got a great wrap around deck on the water/shipyard no beach area though...
  • melj83melj83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I've been to two weddings there and am currently planning my own for there next May. Its a great all inclusive venue.
  • We are getting married there sept 2014 and I LOVE it. The ceiling woodwork is amazing. And the wrap around deck overlooking the harbor is beautiful. Tery were running a special where the rental price was 1000$ instead of 3000$. I cannot wait to have my wedding there. By far the most price friendly place in mystic. Annnnd it's got personality. Everyone who gets married in mystic gets married at the seaport and its pretty expensive. I can't say enough good things about th place and the caterer (so far). Hope that helps.

• We are getting married there sept 2014 and I LOVE it. The ceiling woodwork is amazing. And the wrap around deck overlooking the harbor is beautiful. Tery were running a special where the rental price was 1000$ instead of 3000$. I cannot wait to have my wedding there. By far the most price friendly place in mystic. Annnnd it's got personality. Everyone who gets married in mystic gets married at the seaport and its pretty expensive. I can't say enough good things about th place and the caterer (so far). Hope that helps.
    That sounds like a great deal.  Rentals for tents, chairs and heaters add up. I hope they have my date open at that price.  We have guest coming in from all over.  Thanks for sharing the information.
  • we too have guests from all over (brazil, luxembourg, NC, africa, portugal). so I know how you feel, we had to book it way early so they travelling people could arrange for it. If you're not from the area, there are a number of hotels in the area and some of them will even help you arrange shuttles and what not. If you need any help or information, email me ( I work at the spa at the mystic marriott) so I have an in with those guys. kaceandpoint@gmail.com
  • We are also getting married there September 2014, I really liked all the woodworking on the ceiling and how close to the water it is. They are very price friendly and also seemed to be more accommodating and easier to work with than some of the other places in the area that we looked at. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards