Knottie Tech Help
Options

How to tell who has viewed our wedding website?

Hi all, Im new to the site and we created a wedding website. Last night we invited guests to view it. Is there anyway to tell who has viewed it? I see it says 56 people have viewed it but just wondering if i can tell who exactly. Appreciate any advice! Thanks.

Re: How to tell who has viewed our wedding website?

• Options
    We were wondering the same thing! On Paperless Post they have a great dashboard that shows a summary of opens, comments, and RSVPs...is there a way to get that view with the Knot?
  • Options

I have never seen any website every where you can tell exactly who has viewed a website. Even Google Analytics can't do that. (It would be sort of intrusive and not safety conscious to do it.) If you own your own domain, with Google Analytics you can see city, browser type, time, time spent per page, and flow from page to page.

I doubt you would be able to see these things with TK.

• Options
    Ditto Staar. Also, remember every time YOU log onto it to check, you become one of the people who viewed it. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. I guess i was just being nosey! :). Curious to see who was peeking!
  • Options
    Paperless Post lets you know just who has viewed your invite because people have to be invited to view it. We tried to password-protect our Knot wedding website  -- it says that it is -- but anyone can find it via a Google search for our names and then explore the whole thing. The ridiculous traffic counter says 890+ people have seen it, but we had fewer than 100 guests ... so clearly it's getting a lot of random traffic that we never wanted. 
  • Options
    Traffic counters don't count unique views. They only count views. So if I went to your website twice, I would be 2 views. Sometimes traffic counters count different page views as views. So say I went to your "About Me" section - that's one view. Then I went to your "Ceremony Info" section - that's another view. Knowing TK I would guess that is the traffic counter they have. While some of the 890+ views are bound to be people that weren't guests, most probably are and visited more than once and looked at more than one page.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards