Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Slide Show @ Reception? Alternative?

Our DJ package comes with a slide show...we plan to run it during dinner, so no one is forced to watch it or is bored to death. Thing is, all of our "old" photos are just that - OLD. They are a from the early 80's, are small and the quality is not great. We started to toss around ideas and thought maybe we do a "road to the wedding" slide show instead. Photos would be us in the early dating stages, each of us with our wedding party people/family and all the way up to the wedding....our story as a couple. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions definitely welcome!!!

Re: Slide Show @ Reception? Alternative?

• Options
    Our DJ package comes with a slide show...we plan to run it during dinner, so no one is forced to watch it or is bored to death. Thing is, all of our "old" photos are just that - OLD. They are a from the early 80's, are small and the quality is not great. We started to toss around ideas and thought maybe we do a "road to the wedding" slide show instead. Photos would be us in the early dating stages, each of us with our wedding party people/family and all the way up to the wedding....our story as a couple. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions definitely welcome!!!
    That would be cute. I had lots of photos from my dress search, we were going to (but ran out of time) put some of them up. There's a few of us goofing off and what not. I think that would be fun and exactly what people want to see. I get sick of all the photos from when people were 7.
  • Options
    I was at a wedding earlier this summer where the couple had created a slide show that included pictures of them with their guests at various points in their lives (including captions for those who did not know everyone in the picture).  It was a nice change from the slide shows of just the bride and groom and people got excited when they saw a picture of themselves.

And just because a photo is old and not in "hi def" does not mean it shouldn't be used.  
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    The subject matter is fine, but if you run it with music playing and/or lights out during dinner, your guests are still going to feel like they're being "forced" to watch it because the music and lack of lighting would interfere with their ability to converse with each other, and that would make you and your FI seem AWish.

So if you do this, I think it would make more sense to do it more subtly.  For example, you might put the slides on a loop and run the show not on a big screen during the dinner but maybe near the bar or another not so in-your-face location so that guests don't feel like a captive audience.  Also, only include wedding party members who want to be included in this-respect any wishes for non-participation.
  • Options
    Thank you!!! We don't plan on having a long drawn out slide show...perhaps even while cake is being served and before the party begins, like a segway of sorts. I love the idea of including various wedding guests throughout our lives as well...thanks April! I want this to be fun for the audience as a whole - not just us and a few family members! Thanks for the insight! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards