New Jersey
Options

Tented Wedding w/ Merri Makers

Hello fellow Knotties

My fiance and I are leaning towards having a tented wedding that is offered by the Merri Makers. We are not picky about a date but are leaning more towards a September, early fall wedding.

Has anyone worked with them before, especially with their tent wedding services?

We are meeting with them this weekend and I am a little nervous about my hopes for a tented wedding being squashed by over the budget pricing. We are trying not to spend more than 20K for the entire wedding. I will be doing flowers, invites, center pieces and favors myself (with help by the family of course).

Any advise/suggestions would be great :)

Thanks!!!

Re: Tented Wedding w/ Merri Makers

• Options
    What is a Merri Makers tented wedding?
  • Options

It pretty much refers to having the reception under a tent verses in a venue like a banquet hall or hotel.

• Options
    Interesting! That pretty much allows you to choose any location for your wedding. There is a rental near me in north NJ you could look into if Merri Makers is too much. I looked at their website and they rent tents, tables, dancefloors etc. Just knowing their prices might give you an edge in negotiating a price. http://www.unirents.com/party.php
  • Options
    Great, thanks! I will check it out, I am meeting with the merri makers hopefully Saturday and will let you now how it goes.
  • Options
    My cousin had her wedding at the Merri Makers venue in Sea Bright.  I gotta be honest. The food sucked.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How did things go with Merii Makers?
  • Options
    I looked into Neshanic Valley Golf Course, which is exclusively catered by Merri Makers.  I didn't get a great vibe from the woman I met with, I had pleasant emails with other people within the company.  

There's a bridal show coming up at the PNC reception center next week, which is one the facilities that they cater.  It may be worthwhile looking into.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I looked into the Hilton Garden Inn which is catered by Merri Makers.  I didn't get the greatest impression, while they said they were flexible there weren't as many choices for menu options as other places I looked into.  I also got a lot more for money at the venue I chose for pretty much the same price per person.

ETA: for a mistype

Anniversary

• Options

Hey knotties

So, I met with Merri Makers on Saturday at their office which is located at the PNC site. They were very nice and straight forward. The tented idea I was originally going with seems like it might be above my budget but i haven't completely ruled it out yet. Their PNC venue is pretty nice as well and cheaper since everything is done on premises. danser55 is right about the choices, they only offer two entrees for guest to choose from unless you pay extra for a third option. However, the bride and groom can have anything they want to eat, regardless what it is.I thought that was pretty cool. 

I also checked out Doolans. They were also very nice, I especially like how it is family owned and the guest can stay right on premises. I must admit though, my first impression of the place when pulling up was so/so. The venue seems to look a little outdated from the outside but the inside was very beautiful. The prices there were reasonable also.

The search will continue (hopefully not for too much longer)

danser55 - where was your venue?

• Options
    Has anyone heard of, had a wedding at or attended a wedding at The Place on The Lake in North Brunswick?
  • Options
    frungillio catering does tented events and their food is good.  I went to a wedding at Oakside mansion that is tented. http://www.frungillo.com
  • Options
    @crowleyj13 sorry i just saw this now.  We are using Jumping Brook Country Club.  I love the venue and the packages they have

Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks for everyone's suggestions. We did go with Merri Makers, just not the tented wedding. We went with their location at PNC Arts Center. So far they have been really great to work with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards