Ohio-Columbus

Just started!

LadyBear10LadyBear10 member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited July 2013 in Ohio-Columbus
I am to these boards. My fiance and I live in Richmond, VA, but we are originally from Ohio. We are having everything in Columbus because it's central to everyone. I grew up around Columbus too. We have our venue booked,Via Vecchia. We obviously can't be in Columbus to interview everyone because of time. What is a good place to start on everything else? I have plenty of time because our date is Decemeber 13th, 2014. 

Also, how do I get the ticker to work?

Re: Just started!

• Welcome - everyone here is very helpful.....   Don't forget to use search to find previous reviews, ideas, and advice!
  • Me too! It's so overwhelming, even with me being in Columbus so I can only imagine how you feel! I booked my photographer though and he is AMAZING! So accommodating and KIND! His work is lovely, he is reasonable and so easy to work with! As questions have come up he has answered my many emails immediately, even after I was already booked. His name is Matt Smith with Mathews Photography. I got my whole package PLUS photo booth for about the same price of all the others I looked into!
  • Welcome to the board! I agree with donethat, make sure to check the vendor reviews and other boards to get ideas. 

I pretty much planned my entire wedding by using The Knot. The checklist gave me a general idea of what I should be working on. And the Vendors section is really helpful and lets you narrow them down by location and price.

You also might want to check with your venue to see if they have a list of preferred vendors or people who they can refer you to. 

Good luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What services are you looking for?  I know lots of us on here have used a variety of vendors and can give you first hand feedback about them. 
  • The best and/or cheapest DJs book up really fast - I'd put that on the short list. 
    You'll want to meet with your photographer and make sure you feel comfortable with them. SO I'd save that until you are making a trip to town.
    I highly recommend hiring a videography. I used Prodigy Cinema and they were my favorite vendor.
    GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I can recommend a great officiant, photgrapher, cake maker and a DJ if you're still looking for any of those services!

I used to be a ballroom dance instructor and just being in that industry introduced me to some amazing people ... so much so that we are using them for our own wedding!
  • Thank you guys so much! I definitely took the DJ thing to heart and found one. I based my decision on a phone call and reviews which is scary.  I am still looking for a photographer in Columbus. The out-of-state this is getting to me, but I really don't want to pay for a coordinator. I can't afford/have the time to make it to Ohio except for special holidays. Thanks Guys!
  • Thank you guys so much! I definitely took the DJ thing to heart and found one. I based my decision on a phone call and reviews which is scary.  I am still looking for a photographer in Columbus. The out-of-state this is getting to me, but I really don't want to pay for a coordinator. I can't afford/have the time to make it to Ohio except for special holidays. Thanks Guys!
    Try to set up Skype meetings for the vendors.  That will help you get the "face to face" interaction in without travel costs.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • sororitygalsororitygal member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2013
    Check out Adler House Photography.  She is really great!  Her website is www.adlerhouse.com
  • What might work best for you is to plan a short trip to attend a  local wedding expo type event. I cringed thinking about going to this kind of thing at first because I am not someone who has spent a ton of time planning on having a big wedding all my life. I always thought I might elope, but having moved far away from family and my friends scattering, having everyone come together for a wedding where I am seemed the best option for us.
    I didn't go to one of  the bigger bridal expos and don't know if that would be a good experience or not, but I did go to a small bridal show at my venue. We found our photographer there and even some of the vendors we did not stop by or get to meet at the actual event sent us some great coupons and special offers after the event via my email, which I think they got as part of our registration for the event. I think it only cost $5 or 10 to get in and although we only used one of the offers we got in email (half off a photo booth!) it more than paid for itself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards