June 2014 Weddings
Options

I GOT SCAMMED!!

I booked with Urbane Wedding Company a few months back for photography. I paid a $350 deposit, and they were really prompt with answering my questions. Well....I just found out that they went bankrupt and have run off with brides' money all over the country. They're website is down. Email is down. Phone is down. I'm at a loss. I just cried my eyes out for being so stupid. I'm defense though, I researched this company for a few weeks before booking. Didn't see anything negative back then. But tonight for some reason, I had this feeling to look them up again because my engagement shoot was supposed to be on sept 21. That's when I started seeing recent reports of brides not getting their video, or brides not having they're photographer or videographer show up (or they showed up late). I don't know what to do. I paid via Paypal but its been more than 45 days. What can I do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
*Marrying my best friend*

Re: I GOT SCAMMED!!

• Options
    I'm sorry that sucks.  I don't know if there is recourse through paypal now, but definitely get ahold of a lawyer and let them go after your deposit.

If possible, I would also start looking at replacement photographers soon.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies. I'll definitely be making some phone calls. I contacted our local news Problem Solvers to hopefully get the word out. This company has scammed brides across the country!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    *Marrying my best friend*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards