Michigan-Detroit
Options

Small wedding advice please

Hi Everyone am getting married in March  we decide to have a small wedding with family and close friends we having ceremony at a chapel and we not having a reception we taking everyone to dinner at private dining restaurant. Have any one did this before, Any ideas or 
tips like do i still buy wedding dress and how i can 
make it beautiful. Our guest list is 25-30 people 

Re: Small wedding advice please

• Options
    Well you are technically still having a reception, it is just going to be an intimate affair! Have you decided on where you will be having it yet? You can work with the restaurant and if they allow it you will still be able to decorate and everything. You can wear whatever you want to wear as well. Good luck!
  • Options
    No haven't pick a restaurant yet we still looking for one with a private dining room any suggested would help thanks.
  • Options

We are doing something very similar, we have 24 people total, if everyone comes.  I am still having the wedding dress and most of the extras involved, just missing the DJ/band part.  You can still decorate the table at the restaurant.  Then you could play your own music, decorate chairs, have flowers, candles , whatever you wanted.   Your wedding and reception are whatever you want them to be.  The media with all these bride magazines tries to paint a picture of what everyone should have but it is your wedding, so really you can have it anyway you want. 

We are getting married in one room at a hotel then moving everyone to another for a nice meal.  I have asked for a cake table which I will decorate and we are having candles and flowers on the dining table with covered chairs and favors.  I am sure the restarant will work with you on whatever you think up.  It is your wedding, there are no rules, make it personal to you and your fiance and it will be beautiful.

• Options
    Try Maggiano's Little Italy in Troy. I know they do small weddings there and the food is amazing!!
  • Options
    What area are you looking at?
  • Options
    Like Southfield,Warren,troy,
  • Options

Check The Gazebo in Warren. It is a banquet hall. Not sure if they have a minimum reception size, but I know they do smaller parties.

Also, check Roger's Roost in Sterling Hts. They are a restaurant, but we've had events there where they will block off a section for reserved parties, plus they have a small function room available (not sure of the seating amount). Their food is great and they have large portions. It's on Schoenherr and 14 1/2 Mile Rd.

• Options

Troy Marriott.  You can rent a small meeting room and they can cater.   Or most larger hotels have that option. 

• Options
    We're getting married at the White House wedding chapel in Warren and then having our reception at the banquest room inside Pasquales in Royal Oak. We opted to get a DJ (they do have a dance floor). Our wedding is small, around 50 people total. The buffet is 17.50 pp. and my dad is picking up the open bar cost.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards