Wedding Invitations & Paper

Inviting to reception only...

My fiance and I are wanting close family only at the ceremony. It is a small space. But we would like everyone else to join us at the reception. How would you word this on the save the dates and the invites while being nice?

Re: Inviting to reception only...

• heidirs731heidirs731 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2013

I believe you'd do something like "you are invited to attend the wedding reception of blah blah blah"

EDIT: nevermind

• nccoled said:
    My fiance and I are wanting close family only at the ceremony. It is a small space. But we would like everyone else to join us at the reception. How would you word this on the save the dates and the invites while being nice?

What you are planning is perfect, if the ceremony is truly only close family, like 20 people tops. You then invite people to a celebration of your wedding at a private ceremony. You can have the 20 and then, like 100 at the party. What doesn't work is 30 at the ceremony and 80 at the party. That's too close in numbers. The wording starts with the hosts, such as, Mr. and Mrs. John Smith request the pleasure of your company for a reception following the private marriage of their daughter Ann Whoseits Smith to George Jones Soneone on August 32, 2014. The next lines give place, time, such as at 2:00 in the afternoon at Somewhere Club on August 32, 2014.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards