Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Have my son walk me down the aisle??

Hey Ladies! I had a question. Let's start off with YES, I have been married before and got divorced less than a year later...his choosing. I realize the importance of commitment in a marriage and have dated my current fiance for over 4 years. I have a 12 year old son (13 in a few months). He will be almost 14 when we get married. I come from divorced parents. My step dad married my mom when I was 6 and raised me and my three sisters. My Dad was an every other weekend dad. When I and my sisters have been married in the past we had both my step dad (who raised us) and my real dad walk us down the aisle. My real dad was very upset and bitter about it. To avoid all of that this time around I thought about having my son walk me down the aisle. I think it will mean a lot to him to be involved and it will prevent me from having to deal with the dad drama. Has anyone done this or known of anyone to do this? Thoughts? Thanks in advance Ladies! :)

Re: Have my son walk me down the aisle??

• I think that sounds like a wonderful idea! Especially if it's more comfortable for you, AND causes less stress.
  • great idea! My twins will walk me down the aisle!
  • Certainly,f your son wants to, of course.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting married in April. I too have been married before. My dad walked me down the aisle. Now that I am getting married again and my sons are older, I thought that I would have him walk me down the aisle with my dad. He is serving in the Navy at the moment and I am praying that he will be able to come home for the wedding. 
    I believe that you should do what feels right for you! Your son would always feel special for what he was allowed to do on your wedding day and it brings him into the ceremony as a part of it. Your FI is marrying both of you in a certain sense. Why not allow your son to have an important role in the ceremony as he has had such an important role in your life? 
    I think you will make the choice that is completely right for you. :) We are always here to encourage you! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards