Pennsylvania-Central

Lauxmont Farms Yes or No?

I am getting married in October and am thinking of Lauxmont Farms.  Would you guys suggest it? I have heard negative reviews have you had a bad experience?
Thanks!

Re: Lauxmont Farms Yes or No?

• I have heard really good things and really bad things about Lauxmont Farms, but, in all reality, if our venue budget had been $4k, we would probably be having our October wedding there. It's gorgeous.  My wedding planner has done several weddings there, and while it's not as accessible and flexible as some other venues, if you just utilize the venue itself and use outside vendors, you shouldn't run into too many headaches.
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • My FI worked for a rental company that supplied all the tables, chairs, etc for Lauxmont Farms, and he absolutely refused to have our reception there because of the horrible way they treat their patrons. I thought it had something to do with him being "hired help" and not a paying customer, but we attended a wedding there and the service was terrible. For being so expensive, I expected friendly and helpful staff.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    I had a wonderful experience as a guest at Lauxmont Farms Wedding. I have family members that celebrated their wedding there and the staff was expedient and very friendly and professional. The staff was very supportive with the family in last minute changes and accomodations. We had a wonderful experience as both as a guest and as family member of the bride. I really recommend this venue. I recommend Lauxmont Farms to anyone wishing to have a unique experience!
  • Yes! We are very much looking forward to our wedding in July next year! It's everything I've always dreamed of. I've heard that the staff are prompt, friendly and professional! It is an incredible location for a wedding if you want amazing beauty and impeccable service. Lauxmont has been very flexible with our various requests and have made it their goal to please. I completely recommend any of their four beautiful venues for any couple trying to have that perfect wedding day!
  • My wedding photographer said that working at Lauxmount Farms was a disaster.  Her biggest complaint was since there are four wedding sites you NEED to have a wedding coordinator of your own or everything becomes dissorganized chaos...I went there to view the place and although the scenery was stunning I wasn't sold on it...the Cobblestone Courtyard was very uneven, and the "Bathrooms" were all unlevel with exposed plumbing!  The rotunda, although gorgeous was very loud with just three people inside, and the other two locations only offered tented bathrooms/receptions without any climate control.

I guess it all depends on what you and your FI want, and how much money you have in your budget to hire a Wedding coordinator etc...but based on my visit and the recomendations from my photographer I wouldn't want my wedding there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards