Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Need help from KC Knotties--NWR

Hi KC ladies!

I'm a Dallas Knottie and my husband and I will be coming to Kansas City for the Chiefs/Cowboys game in September, and I'm looking for great recommendations for Sunday brunch and somewhere fun for a Saturday night (bar/music venue). We're leaning toward staying in Westport, so anything close to that would be great, but I'm not opposed to something that is a bit further from that area. I've been to KC a few times back when I lived in Wichita (I'm the Chiefs fan, he loves the Cowboys), but that was over 7 years ago. I've looked on Urban Spoon for recs (has anyone been to Beer Kitchen?), and I would love to get a local opinion.

Any help would be fantastic! TIA!

Re: Need help from KC Knotties--NWR

• Options

Thanks for your advice about Westport! We haven't made our hotel arrangements, but I think I might try to get something closer to the Plaza (we love Embassy Suites, and I think there is one down there).

Succotash looks great for brunch, thanks for the rec!

• Options
    I live on the Plaza, and I would ensure that whatever hotel you reserve offers guest parking (preferably free, which I'm not sure about for Embassy Suites).  But even if you have to pay for parking it will be worth it for the security that the Plaza parking garages do not provide.  This is a nice area but we're not far from some sketchier areas of town, so take normal safety precautions and don't leave any valuables in your vehicle.

Depending on what type of entertainment you're looking for, Westport does offer a couple options I can recommend.  Ernie Biggs piano bar is fun (though can definitely get raunchy).  And Comedy City Improv troupe is hilarious, with the earlier show being cleaner and the later show very adult-oriented.  If you're looking for something a bit more classy, KC has a good performing arts scene.  Check to see if the Kauffman Center, Music Hall, Kansas City Ballet, Kansas City Rep, Missouri Rep, Johnson County Community College Carlsen Center, etc. are having any performances that evening.

There's a little eatery on the Plaza called the Classic Cup that I enjoy.  They offer a Sunday brunch and patio dining, while I've never been there for brunch, I'm sure it's delicious.

Enjoy your visit to KC, and go Chiefs!
    "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
  • Options

Thanks @Nickie431 ! It looks like the Embassy Suites is already booked solid that weekend, so it's back to the drawing board! Thanks for your entertainment recommendations, that will definitely be helpful for when we plan Saturday night.

I know that we're going to the Boulevard brewery and Arthur Bryants (the orginal, not the one by the speedway) that afternoon after we drive in from Wichita, so I'm not sure if we'll be up for a full-on rager that night. The Improv sounds like it might be a possibility for a more laid back chill night.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards