Destination Weddings Discussions

Giving guests enough notice for a DW

Hi Guys,

I was wondering how much before your DW you sent out STDs?

I'm at just about 7 months before the wedding and wondering if it's giving people enough notice.  What do you think? While we've mentioned that we were planning a DW for the past year we just booked our venue and hotel and know the specifics. I'm finishing up a wedding website which has extensive information on all the travel aspects and hopefully that's helpful.

We are realistic and understanding that many people won't be able to make the trip regardless of course.

Thank you!

Re: Giving guests enough notice for a DW

• We sent out save the dates in June and our weddings was in April the following year. I think that's about 9 months notice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are about to send ours out, and by the time we have them ready to go, we will be at six months. I would have liked to do it sooner because we feel like we really need to send invites out by early November so that they don't get lost in the holiday mail storms. So it's going to be two months between save the date and invite.
  • Thanks guys. I think we're going to send out the invitations early Nov as well so it seems we're on the same schedule as you, icecreamcono.
  • We sent ours at about 7/6 months and that was plenty time on top of that most people knew about it from word of mouth so most already knew by then.
    Anniversary
  • Thanks Meg&Austin. That makes me feel a bit better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards