Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Lauxmont Farms - Wrightsville PA

I just got back from viewing the venues at Lauxmont Farms with my fiance and we loved them!  Unfortunately, every story we have heard of a wedding here ends in disorganization and chaos!  Has anyone been to a wedding here or had their wedding here and can provide their stories?

Re: Lauxmont Farms - Wrightsville PA

• Options
    It's not bad if you hire the right vendors.  My best recommendation is to bring your own vendors in rather than shop their list of preferred vendors.  Which area are you guys thinking of?  The rotunda, gardens, cobblestone courtyard?
  • Options
    I've been to a wedding there, and I've worked for them. It is an amazing place, and the weddings I saw were beautiful. I know that some of the weddings I saw get set up were not organized. I did not enjoy working for them and was only there for a few months because they were not organized in the office and didn't keep their word to me. I also did not like the ower, I feel like he is only in it for the money and doesn't care about the wedding part or the people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    we went to a wedding there this past October, and it was beautiful! very well organized and everything looked great. the coordinator seemed very "on the ball". i think if you loved the space, then go ahead and rent it! 

remember that some brides don't prepare well and i think that can lead to an unorganized wedding. 
  • Options
    It is a great place (could be an amazing place if the owner actually did some maintenance on the property), but my advice is to hire your own wedding coordinator - don't count on their staff.
  • Options
    acerentsacerents member
    First Comment
    edited March 2013
    We deliver there quite bit.  It is a beautiful place and the staff is very nice.   However, you need to make sure your vendors know three things:
                           1)  Where your reception is going to be.
                            2) When they are allowed to set up.
                           3)  When they have to tear down.
    Lauxmont sometimes books events close together so your vendors may have to come at off hours to pick things up.  This will probably mean extra cost to you.
    You should also make sure you get the cell phone number of the staff person in charge of events the day you are going to have your reception- just in case something goes wrong. 
  • Options
    I've worked at Lauxmont Farms for the last five years every spring and summer. I have had a wonderful experience working for them. The staff is wonderful and the venues are gorgeous. The owners accomadate the brides very well and are exceptional to work with.
  • Options

My wedding photographer said that working at Lauxmount Farms was a disaster. Her biggest complaint was since there are four wedding sites you NEED to have a wedding coordinator of your own or everything becomes dissorganized chaos...I went there to view the place and although the scenery was stunning I wasn't sold on it.

I guess it all depends on what you and your FI want, and how much money you have in your budget to hire a Wedding coordinator etc...but based on my visit and the recomendations from my photographer I wouldn't want my wedding there.

• Options
    I've known several people who have had disastrous experiences with Lauxmont. I found them to be pushy and rude at a bridal show with my friend 2 years ago. No one can dispute how beautiful it is there, but at minimum, I would hire a professional day-of coordinator who deal with them on your big day. You couldn't pay me to get married there, as pretty as it may be.
  • Options
    We visited the venues a few months ago, and we were not impressed. We were passed to three different people during our appointment. They didn't listen to what we wanted, and kept showing us locations that didn't work. They also tried to pressure us to commit and book them that day, and they spoke very negatively of several vendors. We noticed a pattern to it - they tried to pressure you to book local vendors (from their small town) instead of bringing in your own. She also told us stories about wedding cakes collapsing and other disasters, and she always blamed the vendors. I've told several friends to not even bother checking out. That was the easiest place to cross off our list!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards