Chit Chat
Options

Birth Control, weird issues.

kefryarkefryar member
First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
edited August 2013 in Chit Chat

So, this has really very little to do with getting married (other than I take birth control it so that I don't get pregnant beforehand), but I have a question.

A lot of you are female, so maybe a few of you could help me out.  I started loestrin a little over a month ago and am on my second pack. Since then, I've been peeing like crazy! No burning (i've had plenty of utis, so I know it's not that), just lots of trips to the bathroom.

My question is, has anyone has a similar experience from starting birth control? I've heard hormones can do this, and my dr told me that it's pretty normal during times of hormone fluctuation because of excess water retention. I'm going crazy, though. If this happened to you, how long did it take to go away?

Yes, I know this isn't a health forum, but I figured that at least some of you are taking birth control (as this isn't the bump), and may have some insight. (Plus I swear every time I read a health forum people scream cancer)

Thanks!

Re: Birth Control, weird issues.

• Options
    I've seen many BCP threads around here and the general consensus is see your doctor. 

I've never experienced this, so I'm no help. 
  • Options
    Birth control affects everyone differently. You and I could be on the same BC and have completely different reactions/effects. 

I was on Loestrin for years and I did not experience that. I also have not experienced that on any other BCs I've been on. 

• Options
    I've seen many BCP threads around here and the general consensus is see your doctor. 

I've never experienced this, so I'm no help. 

I have, they don't know why.

• Options
    If you've seen a doctor, get a second opinion or don't worry about it. It might not have anything to do with you BCP. I would think about any other changes you've made recently and see another doc.
  • Options
    If you've seen a doctor, get a second opinion or don't worry about it. It might not have anything to do with you BCP. I would think about any other changes you've made recently and see another doc.

Yeah, I also drink 10+ 8 oz glasses of water a day, so maybe there's just a lot in my bladder, haha.

• Options
    I am on that same pill and I was like that for about 4 months
  • Options
    I am thinking it has more to do with the amount of water you are drinking then your BCP.  I drink A LOT of water on a daily basis and tend to pee a lot because of it.

Why not do an experiment.  One day drink less water and see if your peeing subsides.  Then go back to drinking your original amount of water and see if your peeing increases.  If both happens then I think you may have your question answered.

Did you tell your doctor about the amount of water you are drinking when you asked about your increased urination?

• Options
    astimmelastimmel member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited August 2013
    I used to find myself peeing a lot more at times and it seemed to come and go for months at a time. I finally realized it was because the extra peeing months were spring and summer when I basically live off of fruit. Plus fruit makes me thirsty, so I drink even more water.

ETA, it could also just be making you thirsty. I think that's a somewhat common side effect of a lot of drugs.
  • Options
    I am thinking it has more to do with the amount of water you are drinking then your BCP.  I drink A LOT of water on a daily basis and tend to pee a lot because of it.

Why not do an experiment.  One day drink less water and see if your peeing subsides.  Then go back to drinking your original amount of water and see if your peeing increases.  If both happens then I think you may have your question answered.

Did you tell your doctor about the amount of water you are drinking when you asked about your increased urination?

Maggie0829

It's 9:15 am and I've only gone to the restroom once (when I woke up)-I'm thinking that it might be because I've only had 3 glasses of water vs my usual 6. I also went to the doctor yesterday and he told me to start taking cranberry pills, which I did last night and this AM, so who knows!

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I still have a feeling that it might be water retention from the BCP, but I am possibly making it worse with the gallons of water I drink a day.

• Options
    I've been on the same pill for years. It's caused me to have constant bloating but no constant peeing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards