Destination Weddings Discussions

Wedding Invitation Wording

Hello,

My FI and I are planning a destination wedding in the Bahamas in September 2014.  We are inviting about 50 guests to joins us but plan to do a large casual reception back home (Massachusetts) where we will invite all 200 guests. I am stumped as to how do to the invitations.  I want to put some wording on the invitation to indicate that there will be a reception when we return to the states to give our guests the option of traveling to the Bahamas or attending the reception at home or both.

Also, I plan to do save-the-dates to give people the heads up on our upcoming destination wedding.  When do I send out save-the dates and invitations for a destination wedding.  I want to give people enough time to save if they do want to travel with us.

Please help!

Thank you.

Re: Wedding Invitation Wording

• welcome to the other side! As I mentioned before, there are a few ladies who had AHR here. I'm sure they will chime in about wedding invitation wording. If i'm not mistaken I think some people provided extra lines on the RSVP card that something like this:

_ Wouldn't miss it for the world
    _ Will celebrate from afar
    _ Will celebrate with you at home
    _ Won't attend the party at home 

Then there might be an insert with information about the at home party. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When we sent our invites we didn't have the AHR set yet so we just had an insert that said "Can't make it to the wedding? Don't worry - we plan to have a celebration at home after we get back!" Then on our website we just had info there that we were planning a casual celebration for everyone at home and that we would forward more info as it became available. Some folks RSVP'd NO to the wedding and put notes that they wanted to make the at home party. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards