Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Tie to match Bill Levkoff's plum . . .

I know this is a long shot, but I am trying to find ties for groom, groomsmen, and ring bearer that will be close to Bill Levkoff's plum color (bridesmaids are wearing chiffon).  Anybody used his dresses in plum and have suggestions as to ties? Thanks in advance!

Re: Tie to match Bill Levkoff's plum . . .

• Options
    Hi, 
    I too am having my bridesmaids in the purple chiffon by Bill Levkoff (the plum). I don't know where to find a matching purple tie. However, you can't go wrong with black!! I think you will be able to find a nice match regardless (and hopefully some of the lovely ladies here will have a place), but my future hubby wants to wear black, and I think it is classic. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden where the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    My BMs wore Levkoff's plum chiffon and we decided to go with dark grey/silver ties because the plum was impossible to match. They matched our theme and looked fine. We pulled in the purple with Picasso calla lily boutonnières that had purple centers. Good luck!
  • Options
    http://www.bows-n-ties.com/wedding-ties-matching-bridesmaids-dresses-plum.php
    I don't think the plum has to match *exactly*, but if you wanted to do custom made ties I guess you could.  Also, patterned ties or ties in a coordinating but different colour might work for you.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  Black and silver won't work for me because my groom and his party are wearing tan tuxes - which is why I was searching for a purple so hard!  I've seen bows-n-ties, but I can't tell which one of those would go best.  I feel like I've gone cross eyed staring at ties!  :)  But I'm just going to bite the bullet and order one - They are wearing tan suits with vests, so it's not like a lot of the tie will be visible anyways.  :)  
  • Options
    Did the bridal store that you're ordering from give you a swatch of the plum fabric? If not, definitely ask for one. It will make your life a little easier when trying to match colors.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Definitely get a swatch of the dresses to match when looking for ties. This is what we did and although we did not find ties that match perfectly, they were close enough and looked great. Try JCPenneys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards