Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Need wording for announcements

Hi ladies, I need help on wording for myaanouncements. My firefighter and I are getting married in April of next year and it will only be him and I, just a very intimate setting. No family. and we want to send out an announcement of our big day with some pics that we have of us together from our proposal. We dont want to be rude about letting everyone knwo that we are getting married but your not invited, we just want to share our happiness with our friends and family, and the wording I am stuck on.....

Re: Need wording for announcements

• Options
    There isn't proper wording for this unless you send the announcements AFTER you are married.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hfd13 said:

Hi ladies, I need help on wording for myaanouncements. My firefighter and I are getting married in April of next year and it will only be him and I, just a very intimate setting. No family. and we want to send out an announcement of our big day with some pics that we have of us together from our proposal. We dont want to be rude about letting everyone knwo that we are getting married but your not invited, we just want to share our happiness with our friends and family, and the wording I am stuck on.....

You send them the day after you're married. No sooner.

Elizabeth Ann Thompson

and

David Jacob Smith

were married in a private ceremony

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Feel free to include a wedding picture or two.

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    As PPs have said, you should not send them before your wedding day.  Here are some sample wordings:
    "With great joy we announce that
    we were married on
    Saturday, April 4th, 2014
    in New York, New York

Our small ______(venue, guest list?)
    meant there were many loved ones
    we were not able to invite.
    We deeply missed having you there,
    but you were in our hearts.

We love you.
    We miss you.
    We hope to see you soon!