African American Weddings

So My Wedding Venue Declared Bankruptcy This Week!

OMG!  I heard today from my wedding planner and event designer that the venue I had a contract with declared bankruptcy this week and that all weddings Sept 1st and after are cancelled.   

You all know that I had to postpone my  Saturday, 8/31 wedding but had things gone as planned my wedding would have been the last one they had I guess. Can you imagine what a hot mess of an event that might have been?   Lord knows I would have made a SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALADOCIOUS dag nappit fool out of myself this week if I had to deal with this.  Woosah!!    I can imagine none of the staff would have given a hoot about my event.  Furthermore, who knows if anyone would have been there to let us in.   I hate the reason for my postponement but I am thankful not to have to be dealing with a bankrupt venue. SMH

I know that there is bride with a 9/1 wedding there.  She just found out this week she has no wedding venue.  I feel so sorry for her and all the other couples with weddings coming up soon who booked there.  How awful!  Lord knows I would have torn it up.  

Lesson:  Do your homework on your venue ladies before booking and paying the fee!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

Re: So My Wedding Venue Declared Bankruptcy This Week!

• island07b2b DANG Thats messed up to the 10th power..... so are they refunding monies or what? And yours is when 8/31/14 right? Yes Thank Him up above for you not having to go postal on them people lol

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• @misstira - No my wedding date was 8/31/13.  I've not set the new date yet.  There will be no monies returned to anyone right now (if at all).  If I understand correctly the court will seize all funds taking control away from the venue.  So even if the venue intended to return funds the courts would not allow it. 

• Oh wow, I would have had a fit!  I hope there is a resolution for all those planning a wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That kind of happened to me last year. We booked and then found out months later that they were closing. It worked out for our good though. The venue we have now has been awesome and I'm not worried. They suck though- I hope they didn't take all of her money and run with it. No venue+ no money = psycho Lea
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just finished reading on the story.  Apparently it was on the news last night.  A letter was sent out on 8/26 telling couples that their event was cancelled because the venue lost their contract with the landlord .  The option they gave them was to go to another venue which as one groom put it was like going from a Lexus to an 88 Ford.  It just wasn't equivalent.   If couples didn't like the alternate venue then they were out of luck because the venue said they do not have the money to reimburse couples. And that's that.  

• Sorry I'd b a pissed bride and probably brought up on arson charges cuz I'd burn that place down lol

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• omg i heard about this on the news yesterday 
    i am so sorry to hear this.... 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Umm yeah, that is a major bummer!  A venue closed the doors here in the DFW and didn't tell the brides anything!  The brides were having trouble getting refunds as well.  Last I heard, there was a class action suit of some sort.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Oh wow, I would have had a fit!  I hope there is a resolution for all those planning a wedding.
    lawd yes.  wedding insurance.  not to sound all preachy but the takeaway of this tragedy is that a $500 policy will protect you against losses from your venue, the vendors and some vendor services.  new brideys i'm begging you.  think about it like this: what else in your life would you spend 25 grand on and not insure it? 
  • Is there any kind ressurance that couples can get in case this happens to them? I never even thought about this problem.
  • Never mind
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards