Ohio-Columbus

Barcelona - German Village

I am recently engaged and am trying to begin the process of looking for a venue.  We are pretty much paying for the majority of the reception, so I am trying to see if anybody has any input about venue locations in central Ohio (downtown) that are great, yet cost efficient.

One place I am just wondering about in particular: has anyone has ever gotten married or attended a wedding where the reception was at Barcelona Restaurant in German Village?  Absolutely love the restaurant and have seen some feedback about it, but did not know if anyone had any specifics on the place (i.e. cost to rent, max capacity, outside vendors) ... I would love to save myself a trip down there if it is way too expensive.

Any input is greatly appreciated!  Whether it is about Barcelona or other venues that may fit into this category. :) Thanks!

Re: Barcelona - German Village

• I think Dock 580, The Venue or The Loft, would fit your downtown and cost effective requirement.  I can't imagine that Barcelona would rent out their popular restaurant on a weekend (Fri, Sat or Sun) to a private party?  However, they have a catering arm called Sidecar - so check them out.  

Other downtown ideas would be 400 Rich, The Big Room, and Two Caterers new venue....  

Good Luck!

• How many people are you planning to invite?
    Barcelona is small and I don't know if they will rent the whole place out. They have what they call a party room, but it is just curtains separating it form the main dining area. It is also not very big.

Places to consider:
    Cultural Arts Center - it's a lot like Barcelona and you can choose an outside caterer. It's on Main next to Bicentennial Park.
    YWCA - lovely ballroom, bring in your own alcohol to save money.
    The Vault - not as lovely, but on the cost effective side
    The Firefighter's Hall on broad street would also be a good place to look into.
    In Clintonville, if your willing to go a little north, check out the Clintonville Women's Club. understated, but lovely and very cost effective.
    Other downtown options - Vet's, North Bank Pavilion, Greek Orthodox Church, Westin, Capital Club, Statehouse, Athletic Club, Ohio Bar Association...
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I looked into hosting our Rehearsal dinner at Barcelona. It was pricey to rent even part of the restaurant/patio. When asked about renting out the entire restaurant, he said it would be ridiculously expensive (im pretty sure he quoted me $20,000+) because you basically pay what that entire restaurant makes in an evening. He insinuated that very very few people actually rent out the restaurant and patio. We are getting married next weekend at the Grange Audubon Cneter and am so excited! Prices were reasonable and its bring your alcohol...which means big big savings. Plus it's a a beautiful outdoor atmosphere and close to town--it look are looking for something like that. Good luck!
  • I highly recommend the Big Room Events in German Village. It's an indoor venue that's really reasonably priced. The woman that runs it is fantastic! She's very prompt with responding, helpful, and is genuinely nice. It's above the 102.5 radio station, so it's great for music lovers. 

And the great thing is, they don't have preferred caterers/bartenders. So you can self-cater or bring in any food you like. They have a full kitchen in the back that you can use to heat/cool items. 

It's not the swankiest or prettiest venue, but it's a great price, great staff, includes all the amenities you need, etc etc.

• While I love Barcelona for dinner, I imagine its very expensive for a large group. They don't really have a party room. As others have said, they probably want you to make up what they would make on a regular night. North Bank looks cool. I am touring the new two Caterer's place, YWCA and some other sites in next few days. I'm in the same boat trying to do a reception downtown reasonably.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards