Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid kicked out

kefryarkefryar member
First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
edited August 2013 in Wedding Party

I kicked a bridesmaid out of my wedding. I did not ask her to step down. I kicked her out.

I don't really want to get into the reasoning, but there have been just some really terrible things that she has said and done to me recently that made me decide to end the friendship, period, forever.

Should I offer to pay for her bridesmaids dress (I don't want it back, I just mean as a reimbersment). It was on sale for around $20 from urban outfitters and is a dress that she picked out on her own-all of the bridesmaids dresses are just summer dresses that are totally wearable outside of the wedding.

I feel like that part is irrelevant.

Re: Bridesmaid kicked out

• Options
    I would reimburse her for the dress since the only reason she bought it was to be in your wedding.
  • Options
    Reimburse her. It can be as simple as a check for $20 with "reimbursement for bridesmaid dress" in the memo.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Yes pay her back. It's a small price to pay to be the bigger person. It's the polite thing to do.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I would reimburse her, if only so there was nothing left tying the two of us together.
  • Options
    Reimburse her.  She bought the dress solely for your wedding and since it was your decision to no longer have her be a part of it, it is only fair and right for you to pay her back.

• Options
    You kicked her out, so you should pay for the dress. Which sucks for you, but at least it's only $20. The reason you kicked her out or what the dress looks like is irrelevant, you're right.
  • Options
    I also vote for paying it back. It's the bigger-person thing to do, and then she can't bad-mouth you, "Oh, she kicked me out of her wedding and stuck me with this dress."
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Thanks all, I was planning on doing it anyway, just so that there are no ties. Just wanted everyone's opinion :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards