Georgia-Savannah

Elopement Venue Ideas

Hi,

I have had my heart set on eloping at The Gastonian for the last year but after we booked it we got some iffy customer service that left us both with a bad taste in our mouths and so now I am looking for somewhere else, similar ish maybe? I know there are a ton of BBs that offer elopement packages but does anyone have experience working with a elopment planner who has their own package? We want to get married the week of christmas this year and so it is just going to be us and I cannot make up my mind on which direction to go, another BB package or trying to piece it together myself. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks! 

-Maggie

Re: Elopement Venue Ideas

• Try the Kehoe House, The Hamilton-Turner Inn, the Mulberry Inn and the Forsyth Park Inn.  I don't think I would totally give up on the Gastonian if you love it.  They may have been having an off time.  I've never known them to have bad service. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you love the Gastonian, is there any way you can work with someone else there?  Sometimes it's the person, not the venue/services.  Not everyone is cut out to be in customer service or the wedding industry and you may have just come into contact with one of those people.

I can't help you with any of the Inns, as we used a square and had a lunch reception at Vic's.  However, we had a HORRIBLE coordinator who owns a company that does elopements so if you're considering hiring a coordinator/company, send me a message first and I'll tell you who to avoid so you don't get your money stolen and end up with dead flowers and a coordinator who calls you names and "forgets" to book part of your wedding package.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards