Plus-Sized

Corset/Boustier

I need to find one... I'm Canadian. Not sure where to look. Would prefer to to spend a million dollars either. How does the sizing work? it looks like it goes by bra size but I don't see how that could work in my case. My bra is a 40/42 D but My stomach is bigger. How do I know what to buy?

Re: Corset/Boustier

• Just from my experience (I'm currently going through what you are), do NOT buy it based on your bra size.  I ordered one from Ebay that I assumed would fit because of my bra size and it wouldn't even go all the way around me to close.  The silver lining is that at least the cup size was right...lmao.

Oh and always check the return policy on the items so you can return them if they don't fit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2013

I wanted a real corset but it was going to cost about $500.00 for one to be custom made, so that was a no go. I would call your local bridal salons and ask if they have them. That way you can go try them on. I wear a 42DD bra an bought a 46C bustier from Proper Topper Bridal in Caledonia. I was having such a hard time trying to find something long enough because I am 5'0". Not sure how tall you are but if you are tall, mention that to whomever you speak with. If you order online be cautious as most places don't have very good return policies on undergarments. I spent $157.00 including tax on my bustier. Good luck!

• Where in Canada?

• I bought a longline bra from David's Bridal, can buy from online too, that was 2 sizes larger than my normal band size, but a cup size smaller than normal. It sucks me in and pushes me up perfectly. 
  • Check out www.hipsandcurves.com.  They explain sizing and had a wide variety of styles from steel boned corsets to those that are more casual.

If you are looking for somthing a bit more custom, try http://www.starkers.com/.  You can customize a corset and then if you feel adventurous enough add a skirt and call it dress.

• I bought a 40H long line from Ladygrace.com. My normal size is a 36j and this bra is really supportive. I tried it on with a flimsy satin dress and WOW.my gals are up there and contained well. 
    It only cost me 55 including shipping. I also bought one in a 42 FF to see if that worked and I didnt like it as much. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards