Outdoor Weddings

Reception Dilemma

Hi! So my reception venue just called and said that they are going out of business in December. This means that I am on the hunt for another location and SOON! I still have awhile but it's nice to not have to worry.

With that being said, I found a place I really like. We are hoping for 200 but they can only hold 170 indoor. It can be split indoor and outdoor with a tent outside, if necessary. What are your opinions on this idea of having an indoor and outdoor reception? 

Re: Reception Dilemma

• Hi! So my reception venue just called and said that they are going out of business in December. This means that I am on the hunt for another location and SOON! I still have awhile but it's nice to not have to worry.

With that being said, I found a place I really like. We are hoping for 200 but they can only hold 170 indoor. It can be split indoor and outdoor with a tent outside, if necessary. What are your opinions on this idea of having an indoor and outdoor reception? 
    I'm not sure about this. I'm not sure what part of the country you are from. But I can imagine this being really weird. Having some people outside and some people inside. You'd have to possibly figure out heating of the tent. I would definitely feel like the reject cousin if 170 people were seated indoors and a few of us got stuck outside. I mean you can always assume a couple people will RSVP no. But... stay on the safe side and keep looking.

Anyway to cut down the guest list? If not, I may find a new place.
  • Don't have a split venue like that.  Those who aren't in the main room are going to feel like second class guests and will miss events going on in the main room.  Keep looking for a venue that will hold everyone in one room.
  • Thank you for the advice! 
  • I agree with the pp's, you definitely shouldn't split up your guests into two different sections like that.  If you can reduce your head count I would try it, but coming from experience its best to find a place that can seat 250 for a wedding of 170...those places always try to up their capacity to the point where no one can move!
  • Each wedding couples have their own dilemma for planning the perfect reception. They may take a tips and advice from this topic and plan your wedding reception easily.
  • I am not a fan of venues where everyone sits in a different place.   I went to a receptionin a super cool mansion several years ago where each room had three tables in it and the dance floor was in yet a different room.  It was just awkward.  It felt like we weren't actually at the reception at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards