Getting in Shape

Looking for a miracle!

I'm 3 weeks out and in a panic. My dress doesn't fit, mostly in the stomach/hip area. I wish I could say it was water weight but it's procrastination weight.
It zips, I can sit down very carefully but that's about it. It looks pretty awful. I'm eating lo carb and running 3x a week but need something extra and quick. Normally I'd say health first but this may call for a week (or two or three) of something more extreme.
Any ideas, short of the master cleanse -a little too extreme.

Re: Looking for a miracle!

• Just simple things like not eating after 7:00pm and not snacking during the day may help.  I've lost 3.5 lbs so far and that's because I'm also training for a marathon.  Drink ALOT of water!!! Like half your body weight in ounces a day. No soda, coffee or sugary drinks and limit your alcohol if you like to go out.  I usually have a protein shake for dinner. I bought the EAS Lean protein powder from target for $20 and that's my meal replacement.  I mix that with almond milk, natural pb and unsweetened cocoa powder and it tastes like a reese's shake! And it fills me up so I'm not snacking at night. 3 weeks is still a lot of time to get toned up.  Do you have a bra/corset you're wearing under the dress? I have decided to wear mine without and it feels much better around my stomach area. Good luck to you!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you tried different works outs like the 8 minute abs (three times) and insanity on top of your workout?

• mauraacro said:
    I'm 3 weeks out and in a panic. My dress doesn't fit, mostly in the stomach/hip area. I wish I could say it was water weight but it's procrastination weight.
    It zips, I can sit down very carefully but that's about it. It looks pretty awful. I'm eating lo carb and running 3x a week but need something extra and quick. Normally I'd say health first but this may call for a week (or two or three) of something more extreme.
    Any ideas, short of the master cleanse -a little too extreme.
    1. Don't starve yourself.
    2. Eat clean
    3. Drink lots of water
    4. Pick up some additional workout routines. Some of the ones above actually sound good.
    5. When all else fails spanx will help.
  • Girl..in a pinch go to amazons and google wedding dress corset. I found one there, think it was about $30, and I sewed it into my dress! It added about 2-6 inches!
  • Thank you! Im going to add more exercise & water, subtract carbs (but they taste so good!) and definitely check out spanks and corsets. I CAN do this!
  • mauraacro said:
    Thank you! Im going to add more exercise & water, subtract carbs (but they taste so good!) and definitely check out spanks and corsets. I CAN do this!
    don't get rid of carbs all together!! carbs are fuel and they'll help you with your workouts. Just get them from the right sources.. think sweet potatoes instead of bread :)

Also, check out http://www.staysharpbestrong.com/ I found her on Instagram and she has a clean-eating detox diet that works really well at getting you into good habits and getting rid of bloat. It's like $8 for the diet plan, but I really love it.  I'm not a HUGE fan of the foods as I need more variety than she offers, but for 5 days it's totally doable. I also love that it's with actual food and not pills or juices or shakes. :)

Good luck!!
  • Kettlebells! After 3 weeks of kettlebell training (1 hour classes 3x per week) I was down a pant size! Then I kept going because it was so fun.
  • Have to heard of the skinny wrap? It's an all natural wrap that you can do on your belly it tones tightens and firms the skin while detoxing your body! E-mail if you want more info on where to order. tinkerdust05@yahoo.com
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers We're Finally Three
  • Do Turbo Jam: Fat Burning Elite program and do Fat Blaster the most. or you can do Insanity. You should drop the weight pretty quickly if you do it every day.  Just be sure to stay hydrated  eat properly and give yourself a 500 calorie deficit to burn the weight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards