Not Engaged Yet
Options

Officially engaged!

As many of you know, my partner and I have been doing things our own way, not very traditionally. We decided several months ago that we wanted to get engaged after living together a year. We purchased an engagement ring for him (weird, I know) and designed my ring at a local jeweler. Tonight, we got all dressed up, exchanged rings, and went to a delicious dinner at Top of the Hub. We're relaxing/digesting right now (sooooo much food).

On Friday, assuming I pass my qualifying exam, we'll be having dinner with our families, when we'll tell them. After that, it's no longer a secret, and I can finally wear my ring every day (instead of just inside the house).

Pictures! My ring (FINALLY), the two of us all dressed up, my FIANCE all excited about his new ring, and me excited about mine (and confusing our parakeet).
Anniversary
now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~

Re: Officially engaged!

• Options
    Congrats! Those pictures are adorable - I love how happy you both look!

• Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options

Congrats!  Will your FI's engagement ring also be his wedding band, or does he get something else too?

I like how you have referred to your FI as "partner;" I hated using the term "boyfriend" before I was engaged because we are in our 30s and it felt so juvenile.

• Options
    Congrats!  You two are adorable together.  Enjoy this next step together!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    So I typed out my congrats above while I was still in class so I didn't get a good chance to look at your ring but I just want to say now that I've gotten a good look at it - It's so pretty! It's really unique - what stone is in it?

• Options
    Congrats! Y'all look great and so very happy. And your ring is lovely!
  • Options
    Thank you!!!

@aliciaharrison It's the restaurant at the top of the Prudential Tower. I was gonna say it's super fancy, but there were definitely people at the bar wearing casual attire (Red Sox gear) and watching the game.

@CrazyCatLady3 This is just his engagement ring. We went with something a little less expensive--a titanium band--and he'll stop wearing it once we're married and have our wedding bands. I feel the same way about calling him my "boyfriend" over the past couple of years. When I told my boss I was going on vacation with my boyfriend's family, it felt like I was in high school.

@bethsmiles Thank you! It's a sapphire (medium blue with a little green). We had the ring custom designed at a local jeweler, who was really non-judgmental about our budget and our unusual tastes. Our ides for the ring mostly came from http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/. I saw in the non-traditional ring thread that you were thinking about maybe a green sapphire--that would be so awesome! (We got to pick out the center stone, and my fiance (aaah!) was fascinated by how many different colors of sapphire there are.)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @Phira - BF and I just discovered green sapphires this weekend when he said he wanted to talk rings one more time before buying one. I'm so excited to see what color he picks :)

I've looked at that website before and their rings are gorgeous! I think the design on yours is really pretty. Personally, I'm a really big fan of interesting designs in the band over extra stones in the band.

• Options
    @Phira - BF and I just discovered green sapphires this weekend when he said he wanted to talk rings one more time before buying one. I'm so excited to see what color he picks :)

I've looked at that website before and their rings are gorgeous! I think the design on yours is really pretty. Personally, I'm a really big fan of interesting designs in the band over extra stones in the band.
    Dittoed a million times. Although, in the browsing I have done it seems like that often makes it harder to find a simple band that will fit with it. I do want a setting with a pretty design, but I also want it to fit with a simple wedding band.
  • Options
    @bethsmiles @Amapola14 That was a really key thing for us when we were designing the ring. I had looked at some three-stone rings, before finally deciding that 1) bezel setting was too important and a 3-stone ring with that setting would look weird, and 2) I just didn't think "extra stones" was an interesting enough detail.

I had fallen in love with this ring on Etsy, which my fiance thought was too plain and not "engagement ring-y" enough. I couldn't think of a way to spice it up until I found Green Lake Jewelry's site through a very extensive Pinterest search.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    YAY! Congrats @phira

Good luck with your exam, too!

• Options

Congratulations to both of you on your engagement! I hope your exam goes well too!

Your ring is lovely. My BFF has a sapphire engagement ring as well but her's is just a clear deep blue. I had never heard of green sapphires until now.

• Options
    @phira Congratulations!! I like how you're doing things your own way :) Good luck with your exam! For some reason, I can't see the pictures, I don't know why :(
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! The ring is so pretty and I like that you guys did your engagement YOUR way!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Congratulations!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Congrats @phira! Your ring is so pretty. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Congrats!

Anniversary

• Options
    Congratulations!! I love how you two got engaged!
  • Options
    Congratulations! I love how excited you both are! 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    Congrats!!! You guys look so happy together.
  • Options
    Congratulations!! Your ring (and birdie!) are gorgeous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @phira Congrats!  You both look so happy, and your ring is so interesting (and beautiful)!  I think it's awesome that you are doing things your own way :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats phira. I love how excited your FI looks...it's adorable! I'm so happy for you both. I hope you really enjoy your engagement. It really is such a special time for the two of you!
  • Options
    Congragulations! So excited for you! I hope you enjoy your engagement :-)
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! Love the pics, you both are super cute! 

• Options
    Congrats @phira! You both look so happy! Great news!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards