Pre-wedding Parties
Options

How Selfish am I?!

So FI is going to LA for his bachelor party. It was suppose to be a suprise, but someone split the beans.  

I never wanted any part in planning my bachelorette, I know its not up to me and what not. 
Well a few weeks ago I had a dream that my bachelorette was just in town and I was really disappointed. It was definitely my true feelings coming out in my dream becuase I do feel disappointed knowing that I'm not going to get to go anywhere for mine.

I'm fairly certain (not 100%) becuase its a surprise, but I'm certain were not going on a fun trip and I feel a little jealous and envious of FI getting to go on a cool trip with a bunch of his guy friends, and I'm disappointed I'll be sticking around here.

I know, I know... Suck it up. I dont "have" to have a bechelorette. I get it.

I'm just disappointed and I can't tell my girlfriends becuase I don't want to influence what they are doing, or make them feel bad. The only person who knows how I feel is FI. So I'm just realeasing my disappointment since I dont have anyone else to talk to.
~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How Selfish am I?!

• Options
    If you want to take a trip with your friends, go for it.  Just dont' call it a bach party.
  • Options
    Hubs had a fun trip with his guys to a cabin in state.  I went out on the town with my girls got a nice hotel room and stayed overnight with some of them.  Would I have loved to do a trip?  Of course. Was it fun, regardless?  Yes :)  I do understand what you mean.  But trips are expensive and maybe out of budget for some of the girls? I bet you'll have a blast in town- see if a hotel is possible and do a 'staycation' type trip :)

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • Options
    DH got to go to to F1 Boston for his bachelor party and then they partied it up in Providence, RI for the night.

Mine was more low key and involved spending the night at a friend's place after a night of dinner and drinks.     BUT, the point is that we were with the friends / family who love us and who wanted to show us a good time.

It's a good thing you're not venting to anyone else.    As long as the event is thoughtful forget about where you're sleeping that night and focus on how you're having fun.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards