Snarky Brides
Options

resurrecting threads

It's too bad that you people are not happy that a new person to the community is interested in commenting on threads.  Perhaps you should have a thread saying that it is not allowed to post a comment on any posts past a particular date!  Seriously!  I had no idea people would be so offended by a new person being interested in answering.

Re: resurrecting threads

• Options
    The reason it's usually not done is because it clogs up the boards with old threads that no one cares about anymore.  Also, most of the posters have already gotten married and most of them are off the boards or left during the last exodus.  It's not a rule that you can't post on them past a certain date, it just looks weird if you go around resurrecting a bunch of old threads instead of making your own shiny new thread or commenting on one of the newer ones where you might actually get a response.
  • Options
    Seriously? *eyeroll*

Plus, why would you want to take time out to write something when the OP definitely isn't going to read it and it doesn't matter since they're probably already married!
  • Options
    But why would you post on a thread no one's commented on in over a year? That's just ridiculous. There are plenty of current threads where you can join in the conversation.
  • Options
    Instead of jumping into a bunch of zombie threads and and talking to an internet wall, how about introducing yourself and posting something new and fun.   We really aren't that hard here if you pay attention and get a feel for the board first. Gifs are always good.

Watch...

• Options
    natswild said:

It's too bad that you people are not happy that a new person to the community is interested in commenting on threads.  Perhaps you should have a thread saying that it is not allowed to post a comment on any posts past a particular date!  Seriously!  I had no idea people would be so offended by a new person being interested in answering.

It's basic netiquette.
    Resurrecting threads from that long ago, especially after the event or situation happened is just nonsensical. It clogs up the first page.

Replying to someone who can't reply back doesn't make sense irl, either.
  • Options
    Thank  you for posting this. Please tell us more about yourself! Like when are you getting married?

You seem to have interesting comments on threads, we just don't want to be commenting on things that have been dead for months or years. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    he's planning on buying my ring and giving it to me before Christmas, and we're looking at probably setting the date for summer of 2015.  We met at the job I worked at, I was framing manager at Michael's art and crafts, he was a customer.  I swear our relationship is a dream come true, neither one of us could find someone who suited better.
    He actually had a day off today (rare occasion!), and drove up to where I'm working right now (nights), and spent a couple hours with me, it was really awesome.  Quite often we'll go anywhere from a couple days to a month or more without seeing each other.  Keeps our relationship new!
    I bless my lucky stars every day that I met him, he's definitely my soul mate!
  • Options
    He sounds super sweet! I'm so happy for you! My FI and I met in college. We both are mech engineers, so we really get each other. He's my other half, and I can't wait until our wedding!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    He is truly THE most interesting man I have ever met!  He's run expeditions to the Arctic (he showed me photos and newspaper articles, and recently had his VHS tapes of his expeditions put onto DVD, which I've watched-VERY COOL!), managed two different ski hills, and so on.  Since I've met him, I've become a do-er as well, I'm no longer just a watcher!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards