October 2013 Weddings

what did your FIs get his GM?

i have been bugging my FI for the past couple weeks to start thinking about what he wants to get his GM. i have shown him several ideas on etsy and he'll look at them and say "oh ill deal with it later"

so i am hoping we will deal with this issue this weekend.

what did your FI get his GM?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: what did your FIs get his GM?

• I'm dealing with the same. Although he does seem to be more interested now that he realizes its getting very close. We found some neat shaving kits through "Dirty Deeds" on Etsy. So many possibilities!!
  • My FI's dad got his groomsmen wallets, and my FI liked the idea so he decided to do the same. We ordered them from a seller on Etsy, they look like they will be nice! They are leather with each guy's I initials stamped in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I believe he is getting them this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/160111813/7-personalized-groomsmen-gifts-railroad?ref=sr_gallery_28&ga_search_query=railroad+spike+bottle+opener&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_ref=auto3&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=railroad+spike+bottle+opener

It is a personalized bottle opener that is made by a railroad spike. He told me about them, but I don't think he has ordered them yet. I'm leaving that totally to him, and I trust that he will order them in time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• We got the guys personalized gifts that are specific to their interests. I really believe in the whole "shop like its their birthday" concept. Maybe this will help spark some ideas...

Groomsman 1- into fashion- Scarf from Barney's NY
    Groomsman 2- a chef- engraved monogram cutting board
    Groomsman 3- enjoys a nice bottle of whiskey- engraved decanter (one side with his initials, the other side with a saying thats a little inside joke between him and FI) and a bottle of whiskey
    Groomsman 4- loves buying lowball shots (i.e. car boms, jager bombs)- engraved low ball set and a bottle of stoli O (for his O-bombs)
    Best Man- business man who dresses impeccably- FI is taking him to a custom tailor to have a custom dress short and tie made for him
  • I have been asking my FH the same thing! He is thinking about doing personalized beer mugs but since at least one of them doesn't drink this may not work for them all. That and my nephew who is 14 and also in the wedding may not enjoy having to wait 7 years to enjoy his gift. Maybe for him he can get a personalized pocket knife since he is a boy scout. We want to do something nice while still staying on a budget.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• He's getting tickets for them all to go to a Celtics game together (when they go on sale next week).
  • FI got them all personalized coolers, ties for the wedding, and a beer glass that in some way represents them.  For example, one GM LOVES The Chive and sharks, so he got him a beer glass that says Keep Calm and Shark On.  I think he is also going to include a few beers in the cooler. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine was going to do an engraved lighter for his adult friend BM/GM.

However, he found a book about the history of a town that his friend is fascinated with, so he got him that instead.  I personally am on him to get him something else as the book was only about $25.

So, I might just go ahead and get the lighter myself to give to FI to give to him.

For his official BM (his son), that's entirely up to him.

We're getting both of our boys pocket knives to present at the ceremony as we're doing a 'family ceremony' portion to blend our families.

• Flasks with their monograms. I wanted something more unique, but my FH liked them, so I didn't mind. 
  • Monogrammed Decanters with initial and favorite alcohol
  • Pocket squares, cuff links, and personalized beer flights-which still need to be personalized and stained. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards