Just Engaged and Proposals

Picking colors and style of wedding??

Re: Picking colors and style of wedding??

•    Think about the flowers you want to use, the time of year you are getting married, yours and FI's favorite colors, etc. when picking.

The way I picked my colors was first choosing a time of year (April 2014). Next I considered what type of flowers I wanted to use (hydrangea and roses). My favorite color is purple and my FI didn't want our colors to be too girly. We settled on a charcoal gray and lavender. 

• First and foremost, talk with you FH and get his ideas. Think about what's important to you and what you and your FH have in common. Things you like to do together. Colors you both think look nice together. Choose your venue and let it provide a little inspiration. 

It was important to us that we didn't look back at our photos and think "what were we thinking??" We chose classic/timless colors - navy and ivory - and chose attire for ourselves and our WP that was also timeless - plain black suits for GMs, Ann Taylor dresses for BMs. We also love the outdoors so we picked a "logo" of a fern and put it on all our stationary. On that note, we also chose wildflowers instead of the typical wedding flowers and each arrangement was different. 
    *********************************************************************************

• We chose a wedding in the summer so we wanted the colors to be light and fun so we went with coral for the bm and light gray for the gm. We had touchs of teal for a summer beach/water feel.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards