Snarky Brides

Shower- Hot Mess

I have to get this off my chest. My shower was last night, a mess. Lets begin with the fact that through the whole planning of the shower I was bombarded with calls from my friends complaining about each other, this person wasnt pulling her weight, they sick of each other, etc. My MOH (BFF for 10 years) did a piss poor job, I arrive to the shower and she is not there she made her grand entrance an hour after me- I hosted my shower, which I did a bad job because I didn't know what was going on my FI stay at the shower because he felt bad that my friends were not there my friend that cooked the food was the only one there trying to salvage the shower but she had to keep running back and forth to the kitchen, 2 of my guests help me open my gifts my MOH just sat on her ass and did nothing. I'm trying to let it go but I'm just shocked that my BFF did this to me- I don't know if I gave enough details- it's just something I don't want to remember.

Re: Shower- Hot Mess

• Did she offer to throw you a shower or did you demand it? I feel like you left out too many details for this to make any sense.
  • One friend offer but she felt that the other friend was snubbing her so she decided to take over..I read my post over I did leave a lot of details out. It was just terribly disorganized, and they were so late the guests were just sitting there the fact that I had to host my own shower pissed me off
  • edited September 2013
    LeslynA said:
    I have to get this off my chest. My shower was last night, a mess. Lets begin with the fact that through the whole planning of the shower I was bombarded with calls from my friends complaining about each other, this person wasnt pulling her weight, they sick of each other, etc. My MOH (BFF for 10 years) did a piss poor job, I arrive to the shower and she is not there she made her grand entrance an hour after me- I hosted my shower, which I did a bad job because I didn't know what was going on my FI stay at the shower because he felt bad that my friends were not there my friend that cooked the food was the only one there trying to salvage the shower but she had to keep running back and forth to the kitchen, 2 of my guests help me open my gifts my MOH just sat on her ass and did nothing. I'm trying to let it go but I'm just shocked that my BFF did this to me- I don't know if I gave enough details- it's just something I don't want to remember.
    I can't even read that. Periods are your friend.

Anniversary

• This is water under the bridge at this point.  If you feel the party was ruined because the hostess and your frineds did not meet your expectations then that cannot be changed.

You can let them know that you were disappointed but not point fingers and lay blame.  Say something like "I felt really hurt by the fact that so many people were late the shower.  I also felt embarassed when I had to take over hosting duties for the party when I had no idea what was supposed to happen becasue I was not involved in planning."

After you get that out of the way, work with your bridal party to figure out if there is any way that you can all avoid repeating something like this again.  Try to set some expectations without seeming to "bossy" or "demanding".  Also, make it point to stress that you would like your wedding to start on time and figure out how to get them to be punctual! 

• Is this a vent, or did you need advice?
    It is what it is at this point. The best thing for you to do is to write your Thank You cards diligently and let it go. No need to worry about what is in the past. Bridesmaids and the MOH are not required to throw parties in your honor, so the fact they did spend their time to plan it should be acknowledged and you should be grateful that you have friends that would do that for you. 

The quicker you realize this, the less it will hurt your feelings. 

I would definitely NOT bring it up that you were disappointed. That would be incredibly rude, and you would just be hurting your friendships with them. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards