October 2013 Weddings
Options

Cupcakes

Okay, just a quickie.

And I did look through our board, but want to verify:
1 cupcake per guest? 

I was thinking 2 per guest.

With our dinner at our reception venue, we're also serving Gianduja Mousse Cake (A decadently rich, flourless mousse cake made with dark chocolate, milk chocolate, Nutella & hazelnuts).

However, I also want to make sure kiddos get enough sugar to piss off their parents.  THANKS FOR COMING TO MY WEDDING YA'LL!!  ;)

Kidding.

I just want to make sure that everyone has enough to eat, and any extra cupcakes I plan on sending home with people as a sweet treat (looks like I need to order small boxes too!).  For the record, we're also doing seed bags as favors too (a mix of bluebonnet seeds and a special/new variety of bluebonnet called the "Maroon" bluebonnet [or Aggie bluebonnet]). 

I just want to make everyone feel properly hosted and filled up.

I'm also considering that, since there's a local bakery that does this, having a top layer of cake made (or maybe two layers) for FI to cut and then keep a layer for our 1st anniversary.

Anyways, I digress.

2 cupcakes, PLUS the cake enough for our guests?  Or am I just being silly?

Re: Cupcakes

• Options
    Are you doing regular or mini cupcakes? All one flavor or mixing them up?
  • Options
    If you are providing cake along with cupcakes, I would just do one cupcake per person.  Some people will want one of each and some will not have any at all.  So I think you wild be covered either way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Options
    we are doing mini's of all our desserts- i feel like it will be less waste, because we have some little kiddos going and most only like to eat the frosting off the cupcakes ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am doing cupcakes plus a cake to save for our anniversary (no cake cutting at this point). 
    Our baker said 1.25 per person and then round to dozen.  That will cover any extra for the few people that may take more than one and will likely result in left overs since not everyone will eat them.  
    You are having plenty of dessert but if your intention is to have plenty left over for people to take then do 1.5 or 2 and round up.  
    Your guests will be adequately hosted with one cupcake each, plus the cake.  
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Options
    I like this cupcake joint I'm looking at because they give you a free cake on your anniversary so you don't have to freeze one, because I'd been initially looking at buying a small two-tier to top the cupcake stand.  Saves me THAT headache.

I'm looking at fullsize cupcakes, with a variety of flavors (I think I'll skip chocolate cupcakes since people can get their chocolate fix from my other dessert). 

Was thinking of getting an even 7 dozen cupcakes.  I've got, rough estimate, about 70 people coming, so that'd be 84 cupcakes total.

Hoping that's about right. 
  • Options
    I like this cupcake joint I'm looking at because they give you a free cake on your anniversary.  THAT is wonderful and I WISH I could find one that does this too.

I'm looking at fullsize cupcakes, with a variety of flavors (I think I'll skip chocolate cupcakes since people can get their chocolate fix from my other dessert).  I would skip a chocolate cupcake as well.

Was thinking of getting an even 7 dozen cupcakes.  I've got, rough estimate, about 70 people coming, so that'd be 84 cupcakes total. Should be more than enough. You are at 17% over which is plenty considering the cake you are providing.  Remember, not everyone will eat sweets and not everyone will eat both cake and cupcakes.  I personally would eat 4 cupcakes and 1/4 of your chocolate cake and skip your dinner.  So beware of people like me, we make up for those that don't/can't eat cake.

S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Options
    I want that cake you describe.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    LOL @09McSteph03!!  I figure that if I'm accounting for children, I've got people like you covered.  ;) 

And yeah, I think it's awesome that they provide a cake on your anniversary.  Because in our deep freezer, a cake would get squashed, and then I'd be a sad panda.  And then I'd be an angry panda.  And then I'd have to go on a killing spree with bamboo skewers.  And it would NOT be pretty. 

So, here's hoping I've planned this out carefully enough.  Up next, set up a tasting!  Yummmmm!!!

@hardlyhannah; FI gets mad because I say "I cannot WAIT for our reception!  Our food is going to be SOOOO tasty!!"  He gets this sad face and is like "But...we're getting married.  You're not excited about that?"  "Oh, yeah, that too."  I like screwing with him!

But yeah, the cake when we did our tasting was SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!  FI wanted the cannoli originally, until he tried the cake.  Then he was all "We're good.  Do this."  Heh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards