October 2013 Weddings

It's September...

Our weddings are NEXT MONTH!! Ahh! Best of luck to everyone in the final stretch, I know I need it. What loose ends are you still tying up?

Re: It's September...

• Umm so freaking many loose ends!
    FI & BM suits, FI's wedding band, my dress alterations, hair & makeup trial, seating arrangement, 8000 DIY craft projects, book honeymoon, also still trying to decide if I'm doing favors or not. TO MANY THINGS STILL NOT DONE!!!!
  • I feel like we have a ton left too.
    BMs still need their dresses (ahh!),
    we have to finish DIYing the flowers,
    we still need to meet with our officiant (my grandpa) to discuss the ceremony,
    we have to finalize our music lists,
    book the wedding night hotel room,
    purchase ring bearer outfits,
    get the marriage license,
    buy gifts for BMs GMs and officiant,
    finish dress alterations,
    and then a couple other DIY projects inlcuding kids bags and candles.

We'll also have to take care of things like the seating chart and place cards once the RSVPs are all in. I'll need a hair cut pretty soon so it's the right length for the wedding, and I'm trying to convince FI to let me do highlights!

Everything shouldn't take too long to figure out, but I've just had zero help lately and it's hard doing it all on my own while trying to still take care of the kiddos during the day.
    FI is more harmful than helpful lately. For example, I asked him to help me pick out more songs for our music lists. Instead, he pointed out about ten songs that he wants me to delete from our lists. That's moving backwards!!
  • Ah heck the music, the officiant mtg, finalizing the cake and getting our marriage lic, and I need jewelry, need to go on my list to...ugh! We also need to figure out gifts for bp...sweet Jesus the list just grows!!!!! I'm going to steal a big presentation post it pad from work and make big lists I can hang up and keep it in my face.
  • I can't believe how behind I am on everything, I just last week took my dress to be taken in. We still haven't picked a cake, I don't have shoes or jewelry, haven't even started a song list for the band, I did book the first half of our honeymoon - the place I'm trying to book for our second half is really unresponsive....helloooo don't y'all want my money? FI hasn't purchased his outfit yet, his groomsmen have though. Oh I also don't have any favor ideas yet, no decorations picked out either. Can I just hide under a rock? I do have my hair and makeup trial this weekend and I've finally purchased my extensions. My job just put me on our list to get a corporate discount at the gym across the street so I'm just now starting an exercise routine. Better late than never right?
  • Just paying everyone. We have two payments left (one to the photographer and one to the church) then we're done.

• I don't have jewellry or a jacket/shrug/shawl yet,  we have no idea what the flower girls or ring bearer are wearing yet, we are struggling with the timeline and songs for dances and we are meeting with the florist today. In some ways, we don't have much left. But, I still worry about getting it all done in time. And with my sanity.
  • I was actually making this list tonight anyway!

-- Finish paying vendors (photographer, cake lady, DJ, salon)
    -- Order favours
    -- DIY centrepieces (we have all the components, just have to make them)
    -- Final dress fitting
    -- Bridal shower and accompanying thank-you notes
    -- Buy BM gifts
    -- Finish seating chart

I think that's it, although I might be missing stuff...
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I feel like there is too much to list! But I don't think it's that bad. 
  • We're meeting with our officiant tomorrow and getting our marriage license on Friday.

Left:

Waiting on two GM's gifts to come and wrap those.

Do Thank You notes to the WP

Pay the vendors

Final fitting in two weeks (hopefully the final one)

Meet with photog with specific list of pictures we want

Pick out linens at reception hall.

WOW, our list is small. I hope I am not forgetting anything.

• shaylagirlshaylagirl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited September 2013
    Current list:
    Pay photographer
    Book musician
    Book limo
    Book hair trial/hair coloring and cut/finalize appointment
    Find SOMETHING for my hair
    Find a baker for cupcakes
    Get gifts for MOH/BM/RB/FG/Our children/His gift(s)
    Get tuxedos (fitting appointment is next Saturday)
    Find cute undies for under dress
    Pay for Gas Light sponsorship at the Chapel
    Rent chairs for Chapel
    Hire Off Duty Police Officer for traffic control to ceremony site
    Manicure/Pedicure appointment for 10/18
    Get wedding license 9/30

HOPEFULLY book a hotel room for 10/19

After that, it's just DIYs that others are doing and making sure things get to the reception site or to my sister's house for when I get dressed.

**Edited to add:
    I realize I sound like a Bridezilla when I say "DIYs that others are doing".
    These are DIYs that they've ASKED to do for me!  I didn't ask them to do them!!**
  • Need to order my seating chart (not doing little place cards), need to meet with priest (if he would call me back!), need to finalize programs, find ribbon for me cake, one more GM needs tux and ring bearer needs suit, and I think thats it???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • current list:
    final fitting this saturday
    meeting with florist the 14th
    meeting with dj the 15th
    finish all my DIY projects- make tissue pom poms, etc.
    START and finish my seating chart (not looking forward to this one)
    hair trial
    get marriage license (next tuesday)
    finalize all vendor payments (my dad is doing this :) )
    meet with officiant

....i think those are all the big things left.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That actually just blew my mind.  I'm getting married NEXT month.
    Holy crap.

I have a bunch of stuff to do but it will all happen.
    -2nd fitting
    -vet out details of my hair appt
    -schedule hair cut/highlights
    -bridal party gifts
    -mail out bridal shower thank yous (they are all written but I just keep forgetting to get stamps!)
    bunch of other stuff.  i'm not overly concerned.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards