Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Bride on a Budget!

Hello Ladies,

I am recently engaged and my fiance and I are struggling to find venues in Bucks County (Doylestown specifically) that will not cost our future firstborn. Unfortunately it is the nature of the area to be a bit pricey but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on caterers, photographers, venues, flowers, etc. Thanks :)

Re: Bride on a Budget!

• kate_11322861kate_11322861 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bride-on-a-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:b2b3360a-33cd-4ff4-b75f-a33c2c06e950Post:325f55cc-d8e6-422c-b1c2-f08aab1750ef">Bride on a Budget!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Ladies, I am recently engaged and my fiance and I are struggling to find venues in Bucks County (Doylestown specifically) that will not cost our future firstborn. Unfortunately it is the nature of the area to be a bit pricey but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on caterers, photographers, venues, flowers, etc. Thanks :)
    Posted by melraab09[/QUOTE]<div>Have you tried any of the local vineyards?  Rosebank winery in Newtown  is beautiful doesn't advertise very much as a wedding venue but has three very nice areas for weddings.  I don't know their prices but they are bound to be less expensive than Aldie Mansion and others with huge advertising budgets.</div><div><a href="http://www.rosebankwinery.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.rosebankwinery.com</a></div><div><span style="background-color:#ffffff;color:#222222;font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:small;line-height:16px;text-align:-webkit-auto;">258 Durham Road</span></div><span style="color:#222222;font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:small;line-height:16px;text-align:-webkit-auto;background-color:#ffffff;">Newtown</span>
    (215) 860-5899<div><div style="text-align:-webkit-auto;">Try the association of specialty cut flower growers for local flowers. <a href="http://www.ascfg.org" rel="nofollow">www.ascfg.org</a></div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div></div>
  • Have you tried local vineyards?  http://www.buckscounty.org/visitors/farms/Vineyards.aspx
    I'm familiar with Rosebank winery in Newtown.  The vineyards and venue spaces are beautiful.  I don't know the prices but they are bound to be less expensive than venues with huge advertising budgets.
    For locally grown flowers check out www.ascfg.org.  They have a list of flower growers by state who would be happy to sell you bulk flowers for your wedding.  There is also a list of event florists who use either there own flowers or purchase flowers from local growers.  Buying locally grown flowers in season is less expensive than purchasing out of season flowers.  Growers are often more willing to work with your budget by offering different types of services too.
  • When I started looking someone told me that Northampton Valley CC had really reasonable prices.  And I thought someone posted on here that Warrington CC had good deals but I don't know anything about them.  Doylestown has all of those historical places but I can't imagine they're not inexpensive.  I went to a Fonthill Castle wedding in a tent which was really pretty.  For photography DLutzphoto.com has really good prices for his packages under 2K.  And Whimsical Welcomes for flowers works with any budget and she gets lots of praise on this board.   Leslie works out of her home (in Montco) and doesn't charge as much as a shop plus she's really creative. You can check out her photos on whimsicalwelcomesflowers.blogspot.com    I got an email that she's doing a FREE flower seminar in February so you might want to check that out on the website.  Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bride-on-a-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:b2b3360a-33cd-4ff4-b75f-a33c2c06e950Post:cd4f2432-e983-4207-b9a5-2363c6dcbdfa">Re: Bride on a Budget!</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I started looking someone told me that Northampton Valley CC had really reasonable prices.  And I thought someone posted on here that Warrington CC had good deals but I don't know anything about them.  Doylestown has all of those historical places but I can't imagine they're not inexpensive.  I went to a Fonthill Castle wedding in a tent which was really pretty.  For photography DLutzphoto.com has really good prices for his packages under 2K.  And Whimsical Welcomes for flowers works with any budget and she gets lots of praise on this board.   Leslie works out of her home (in Montco) and doesn't charge as much as a shop plus she's really creative. You can check out her photos on whimsicalwelcomesflowers.blogspot.com    I got an email that she's doing a FREE flower seminar in February so you might want to check that out on the website.  Good luck!
    Posted by jimbosbride[/QUOTE]

Rosebank Winery has 2 rooms to choose from.  The larger room which is pretty much brand new is gorgeous but their site fee just to rent the space was pretty high ($6k) I thought considering it only included plastic chairs and tables.  The smaller room I think was more doable ($4K) also w/chairs/tables. 

The only thing that really irked me about the smaller room was that they didn't have a bathroom in the building. You would have to walk across the lot to get to the bathroom.  Not ideal for your older or handicapped guests...especially not in the dark.  When we were there for a tour-the owners wife did mention they were planning on putting a bathroom in eventually though.

Also, keep in mind that Newtown has a noise ordinance, I think it was 10PM for Fridays and 11PM Saturdays.

Warrington C/C is very reasonable from what I remember starting around $75-$85 p/p.  When I was there, they were constructing an indoor ceremony space which was really nice, I don't remember when it was supposed to be completed. 

La Luna is also very reasonable, I never made it to this venue but have heard very good things about it.  Rates were around $56-$76. 

Nothampton Valley c/c is gorgeous and where we decided to book.  Their rates vary $101-$120 but they discount certain months up to 20%.

PM me if you want any of the information I still have many of the packages in my email.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im getting married at PEN RYN. It is very reasonably priced. My sister got married at Lucians manor in Burlington NJ and was amziang and also was reasonably priced and they got a crap load of food!!
    We looked at the Merion as well and we worked a price that was good but I didnt like the feel of having more then one wedding the same night and thats the reason why we went with PEN RYN bc its ours for the day and night :)

Our budget was 15,000 for 150 guests!
  • edited January 2013
    I am getting married at the crowne plaza in feastervilletrevose. The price is about 87 pp. they do a lot for you and they are great.
  • Does Pen Ryn have a guest minimum for a Saturday night?
  • When I made my contract w/ Belle Voir, I believe they were comfortable w/ 175. But I think you can talk to them upfront. The Pen Ryn is much smaller and can hold up to 250 I believe. So, they might have wiggle room w/ the minimum (esp. if you plan to do it at an off time).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards