North Carolina-Outer Banks

Hilton Garden Inn

So I'm considering booking here for my wedding but have heard not so great things about the food. Since the hotel has to cater the event you are kind of stuck. Anyone out there ecperienced the food or have heard other reviews?

Re: Hilton Garden Inn

• Interested in others responses- that's my venue but I'm sad to hear that the food is meh
  • Flip had her reception there, hopefully she will be able to give you some good feedback :)

• How can I contact her? I'm new to the boards.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_hilton-garden-inn-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:291f0309-0b2b-4380-8538-34a32ffe6d8dPost:e9aae56e-1311-4ebc-9934-ed9cf2f0ae21">Re: Hilton Garden Inn</a>:
    [QUOTE]Flip had her reception there, hopefully she will be able to give you some good feedback :)
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]
  • I sent her a PM on FB for you, so hopefully she will catch it and post here :)

• I found these reviews. While I don't see anybody specifically mention the food I doubt they would have the reviews they do if the food was only so so. http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/hilton-garden-inn-kitty-hawk-kitty-hawk/95c19c601a084051.html?sortBy=highestRating&subtab=reviews&page=2
  • karistizkaristiz member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    While looking through the bride stories section on obx brides, I came across a familiar face. someone from my town had a sister who was married in the obx and used the pier house as the ceremony and reception spot. I contacted the girl via facebook and asked her how her sister's wedding was. She said everything was beautiful with the exception of the food and that the wedding lanterns they were going to use were misplaced. She said the food was okay - no one complained about it or anything, but she didn't really enjoy it. She added that perhaps she was being over judgemental since she runs her own catering company, but she was just giving me her honest opinion.
  • Hi - Sorry for my delayed response. 
    We did have our reception at the Kitty Hawk Pier House - and the food was just ok. 
    There were no compliants - but I do wish that the food was better.  
    That being said, I am still really glad that we had our reception there - it was perfect for us, and I felt like it turned out to be a beautiful spot.   I know that there is SO much good food in that area - so it's tough to not be able to have other options.  However, you can get your cake somewhere else. 
    Put it this way - in no way did the food ruin our reception - it just wasn't the star of the show :) Hope that helps.  Please let me know if you need anything else!

• Good to know now.  We're getting married there in 8 days.  In my opinion most wedding food is subpar.  I've worked catering so I've never really been impressed, it's usually so dry.  Well I'll let you know if 8 days! 
  • Well all the food I've had there, from tastings to eating in the resturant have been fantastic. I've been overly pleased with my food selections. They use the same kitchen/chef/cooks for the restuarant and events.  In fact, I'm more pleased with their food than Kelly's and Pamlico Jacks. My rehersal is at PJs and it's decent. but HGI is waaay better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards