November 2013 Weddings

Checks!

Any wedding related plans for the weekend?
I ordered my veil yesterday. We finished writing, putting together, & stuffing our invitations except for a few stragglers due to recent moves. They are sitting waiting to be taken to the post office to be hand cancelled :).
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Checks!

• I'm going to start writing out our ceremony today, I ordered two veils, got one and I'm not crazy about it so I'm hoping I love the other one, I got our champagne flutes and cake cutting set on Friday. I love them. Mailing invites on Tuesday!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ordered the things I need to make the place cards for our reception.  Next project will be starting to put those together but I won't be able to do the name parts for several weeks when we know who is coming for sure. 

Stuff that still needs to be done:  fill favor jars with candy when it arrives, place cards, make or order programs, table numbers, and centerpieces.
  • I bought the place cards and I'm going to make tiny bows to decorate them. And I found sparkly letters to hang from the back of our chairs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We have most likely found our florist, just waiting to hear back about a quote from her, but unless her prices change an exorbitant amount, I have decided to go with her. One more thing off the list, and one I was starting to worry about not getting done. We also went house hunting this weekend and round a nice 2 bedroom suit in our price range, hurray! So I will be moving in Oct. and FI will move in after the wedding. We went to the insurance place to talk about rental insurance for our reception hall, and the commercial side of the company was already closed, so we will do that next week. We sent out our invites a few weeks ago (we have a lot of OOT guests coming and didn't do STDs) so we wanted to give them lots of notice for booking flights (although some people booked their flights before they even got an invite! lol) So we've gotten a few RSVPs back.

Stuff to do still: make another practice cake, to work on our skills, find a cake topper, get the guys suits picked out, find the flower girl dresses, decided on favors, if our budget allows for a photobooth, find the WP gifts and fill out the engagement journal I bought months ago! So our list is dwindling at a nice pace!

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

• We have 24 RSVP's for yes :D:D  really excited that everyone is pretty much deciding to come.  Only things left for us is to have the ring boys tux's ordered, and put together the center pieces and the welcome bags.  Can't believe it's getting so close!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • Our centerpieces just came in the mail this weekend and our aisle runner did as well! So excited to have those here. I'm sending out our invitations soon here so I need to find some time to get to the post office to have those hand canceled. The Dads and the groomsmen finally have their tuxes so I'm glad that's finished. My first shower is this weekend and I need to buy a hostess gift and thank you notes for that as well.
  • I had my 1st alteration appt today. It went great. Found out that it doesn't need to be taken in or hemmed up :) she is gonna work on a straps pattern and some other things to the underneath layers.
    My fiancé took our invitations to be hand cancelled and I hand delivered a few to my immediate family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The custom bowtie I designed for FI should be in next month, I'm so excited.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We finally picked up our rocks for the guest book, so that whole table is done.  We're doing wishing stones, so the guests will sign one of the rocks with a silver permanent marker and then place them in a basket on the table.  We'll have a little sign explaining everything.  It's one of my favorite parts of the wedding.  Also, we got all 30 burlap runners cut, fringed, and ironed this weekend.  Yah!
  • cedixon0 said:
    We finally picked up our rocks for the guest book, so that whole table is done.  We're doing wishing stones, so the guests will sign one of the rocks with a silver permanent marker and then place them in a basket on the table.  We'll have a little sign explaining everything.  It's one of my favorite parts of the wedding.  Also, we got all 30 burlap runners cut, fringed, and ironed this weekend.  Yah!
    We're doing something similar. The night before our family member will do the same thing. They'll go into the sand ceremony jar and the sand is poured on top of them.  It represents our extended families as the support and foundation of our own new family.

I think I finally found shoes after two failed attempts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards