Just Engaged and Proposals

Engaged!

marleyjustinemarleyjustine member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited December 2013 in Just Engaged and Proposals
After four years, one month and six days he finally proposed! The proposal took place on Friday, August 16th at approximately 5:00am. I was under the impression I was driving him to the airport because he was going away for work for two weeks and planned on driving to visit family for a week. When we arrived at the airline kiosk to check him in we were greeted by five of my family members (80+ individuals knew about the proposal prior to it happening). After a fairly drawn out proposal where I was given information piece by piece and struggled to digest the bulk of it, it actually happened - he proposed. I was in complete shock, and part of me still is. He exceeded all expectations. We ended up flying to Miami and the next morning we did an eight day Caribbean cruise. It was wonderful to have that time together.

I still can't believe it. I've had my "Father of the Bride" moment where I quoted Annie Banks "I'm engaged! I'm engaged, I'm getting married! AHH!" And I've had my Monica Geller moment, screaming "I'm engaged! I'm engaged!" from my balcony. The excitement still isn't out of my system. 

Now, I should probably get myself off of the Knot and focus on things other than the wedding!

Re: Engaged!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards