California-Northern

Severe Budget Wedding - Sonoma County Venue Ideas???

Hi all! I'm planning a wedding for approximately 70, on February 13th, 2011, for $3000-4000.

I would love to get married outside or have part of it outside. FI is a Chef, so he's VERYVERYVER picky about food. I'm getting to the point, where I'm not really picky about anything, as long as it's within my budget.

I've already picked out my dress (for the most part) so that's not in the budget. I'm not hiring a professional photographer. We already have our rings (again, for the msot part).

I'm mostly just desperate for a venue, because once I find my location, everything else will be a little easier to finish..
I once dreamt I would marry a Cupcake... And now it's coming true.. :)

Re: Severe Budget Wedding - Sonoma County Venue Ideas???

• edited December 2011
    Is the $3-4,000 for the whole thing or just what you want to spend on venue and food?

If it is just for venue and food, I think you'll have a lot of good options.  There are a ton of wineries in Sonoma Co that do weddings, and since it is the off-season and the weather is iffy and mostly bad in February, I would imagine you could talk a place down.  I would call around to see who works with you and who doesn't.  A lot of wineries have sommolier-chefs who do dinners that are designed to pair specifically with the wines, so your chef FI would probably like that.  But again, put a list together and call.  That time of year up there is pretty dead, so I'm sure you'll get a great deal on wherever you choose. 
    Final Siggy Challenge: Favorite photo with FI
    At the Apple Orchard
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance's aunt is the manager of Affronti, in Healdsburg, Ca.  Its located just off the square behind La Crema.  Fantastic food, awesome wine list.  They specialize in small plates and local wines.  They just opened last year, have really reasonable prices, etc.  Plus - the food is FANTASTIC, and my fiance and I do a lot of eating out.  http://www.affrontihealdsburg.com/
  • DBL22DBL22 member
    First Comment
    In Response to Re: Severe Budget Wedding - Sonoma County Venue Ideas???:

Hi, this is really late, just wondering if you ever found a venue?
    I planned my sister's wedding on a really small budget and we used our own proptery
    in Sonoma County. I'm thinking about renting it out for weddings becuase its soo peaceful
    and beautiful. I'm not sure how much to charge yet exactly, but I was thinking $700.

Did you like the place you chose?
    This is a link to pics from my sister's small, quick wedding, we planned & invited everyone in 2 weeks!
    https://plus.google.com/photos/101840166181537196184/albums/5866796392996957585
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Severe Budget Wedding - Sonoma County Venue Ideas???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Severe Budget Wedding - Sonoma County Venue Ideas??? : Hi, this is really late, just wondering if you ever found a venue? I planned my sister's wedding on a really small budget and we used our own proptery in Sonoma County. I'm thinking about renting it out for weddings becuase its soo peaceful and beautiful. I'm not sure how much to charge yet exactly, but I was thinking $700. Did you like the place you chose? This is a link to pics from my sister's small, quick wedding, we planned & invited everyone in 2 weeks! https://plus.google.com/photos/101840166181537196184/albums/5866796392996957585
    Posted by DBL22[/QUOTE]

• Hi, we live in Healdsburg and we have made some major modifications to our Sept 14, 2013 wedding and we are looking for a location just to have a small ceremony of about 8-10 people ( Our kids, us, best man, MOA, photographer) How much would you charge for something like that? Let me know please @ laciegirl76@yahoo.com
  • lace76 said:
    Hi, we live in Healdsburg and we have made some major modifications to our Sept 14, 2013 wedding and we are looking for a location just to have a small ceremony of about 8-10 people ( Our kids, us, best man, MOA, photographer) How much would you charge for something like that? Let me know please @ laciegirl76@yahoo.com

we are looking for the same thing, as far as size- did you end up finding anything affordable?
  • Sbragia has very reasonable rates under a 1000 and they can do add on's

"

Floral

$   150.00 – can be less with simple floral

Photo

$1,000.00 -$1,300 with digital images

officiate

$   350.00

Music

$   400.00- 2 hours of music. Violin or guitar

Site

$   900.00-$500 for 5 guest and under

Kind Regards,

Tracy Bidia

Special Events and Hospitality Manager

Sbragia Family Vineyards

9990 Dry Creek Road | Geyserville CA 95441

707.473.2992 x10

Tracy.bidia@sbragia.com"

• Are you renting out the space? How much?
  • I'm very interested in your space. Can you please contact? April@petalworks.com
    Thanks!!!
  • The pictures of your sister's wedding were lovely. Are you currently renting out the space? If so, how much have you decided to charge? My email address is holadiana@gmail.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards