Wedding Etiquette Forum

wedding night HELP

My fiance has told his groomsmen that they/their dates are welcome to stay with us on our wedding night at the ranch house my parents rented. The house was rented for my fiance and I to have as our first night together. He's also told them there will be an "after party" there. I'm NOT okay with this. His groomsmen are from about 15 miles from the venue, and most of my bridesmaids are from out of town. I've already told my bridesmaids they are on their own for lodging the night of the wedding--which they already assumed. I do not want to spend our wedding night with his jerk friends or have an after party. How do I tell him NO negotiating on this or what do I do?

Re: wedding night HELP

• ariehead said:
    My fiance has told his groomsmen that they/their dates are welcome to stay with us on our wedding night at the ranch house my parents rented. The house was rented for my fiance and I to have as our first night together. He's also told them there will be an "after party" there. I'm NOT okay with this. His groomsmen are from about 15 miles from the venue, and most of my bridesmaids are from out of town. I've already told my bridesmaids they are on their own for lodging the night of the wedding--which they already assumed. I do not want to spend our wedding night with his jerk friends or have an after party. How do I tell him NO negotiating on this or what do I do?
    Just tell him everything you just wrote here.  Tell him you are looking forward to spending time with JUST HIM after the reception, where he will have the opportunity to spend time with his buddies.
  • You need to talk to your FI.   I don't think you should tell him that you think his friends are jerks, but just try to explain to him that you want that night to be romantic and be just the two of you.  Then, he has to tell his friends that he's sorry, but you and he have decided not to have an after party.  
  • ariehead said:
    I'm sorry, but your FI sounds really immature, Just tell him, "No".
  • My only problem would be that your friends will be in hotels while his friends are staying with you. Not cool.

Anniversary

• This would get a huge hell no from me. 
  • Tell him you wanna do it
    In every room of the house and you can't if his friends are there then take him with you to the "toy" store.
  • You might also tell him that your parents rented the house as a wedding gift for the two of you, not for a frat party.  Also, if there is any damage, your parents would be on the hook for it!
  • Did you really post this on 5 different boards?  Wow... just talk to your FI you'll get alot more accomplished than you will posting this over and over again.
  • The problem here is that your fiance okayed something that affects both of you, and didn't talk to you about it first. Yuck.

Sit him down and remind him that the house was rented for the two of you on the wedding night. It would have been fine for his friends to ask to stay with you, but whether or not they stay is something you both have to agree on. And you are not okay with them staying with you on your wedding night. The end.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards