Ohio-Cleveland

Officiant - Akron area.

I'm browsing officiant's in the Akron area and was curious who you've booked/met with and what their costs were?

Everyone I've researched so far says they won't give a quote until they meet with you and I don't have a lot of free-time to meet with various officiants right now (2 kids, pregnant with #3 & working full-time) so I kind of want to narrow down my search if I can.

The two I've got on my list so far are Tim Greathouse and Catherine Daniels (ohioweddinglady.com.)
Has anyone booked/met with either of these? What were the price ranges?

Any suggestions besides them? Thanks!

Re: Officiant - Akron area.

• I don't have any suggestions on officiants because we are using our church, I just wanted to say I hate vendors who won't give you a price until they meet you. I mean is the price going to change once you see me and what kind of car I drive or gauge my personality to see if I'm a pain in the ass? It just doesn't make sense to me that they can't give you a price. I never met with any vendor who wouldn't give me a price over e-mail or the phone. Why waste my time and theirs if they were out of my price range from the start?
  • Oh I totally agree. I don't have time to meet with 10 different vendors for one aspect of my wedding. I want to be able to narrow it down beforehand and if part of that is based on what I can afford, then so be it haha.

I've actually thought about asking my friend (we went to high school together and I'm friends with his wife who is one of my bridesmaids) to marry us. We'll pay for him to get certified or whatever you want to call it to officiate if he's willing to do it but we'll see. He & I aren't exactly long-time close friends so it won't be completely personal but then again... hiring a total stranger than interviews us isn't much different lol.
  • I used Tim Greathouse and would definitely recommend him!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards