Getting in Shape

TotalGym

FI bought a Total Gym using a Groupon Deal where he got a Total Gym XLS with the attachments and some extra dvds for half the normal cost. Our living room has been taken over by this beast. 

I got to try it out and try the beginner workout on Saturday, and dang, did it work me! We were going to his Dad's for dinner that night- I had to actually bend over in the shower to shampoo and condition my hair because my arms were too tired/sore to lift above my shoulders. I went with wettish hair (gasp!) because I did not have the remaining strength to hold up the hair dryer. I had another workout last night (supposed to start it at 3x per week) and while several exercises were murderous, I actually am not in as much pain from muscle fatigue and soreness today.

One problem- one of the pins for our wing attachment came without the ball and spring required for the locking mechanism, so I can't do about 5-10 minutes of the beginner workout involving abs and pull ups. I've been compensating by adding other attachments that basically have me doing an ab roll, and doing more of the leg exercises, since I feel like that gets hurried up and out of the way at the beginning of the workout. I'll be alternating days with total gym with my actual gym membership (which runs out in two months) so I'll get in more cardio on those alt days plus some leg and back work.

Here's hoping I have before and after pics/success story to post in a few months!

Re: TotalGym

• Yay! Congrats. Keep us posted.
  • Update! We got a new pin for the wing attachment delivered to us this week. I was able to do the full beginner workout last night as a result (I've otherwise been doing additional leg work, getting on the stationary bike, or just collapsing during that part of the workout!). My arms and back are tired, but I found that if I try to do the workout every day, it doesn't hurt as much. On some exercises I'm going up a level on the incline, while others require the lower level. I haven't seen much difference on the scale yet, but I can feel parts of me getting tighter. Here's hoping I have another positive update soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards