Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

WTF Wednesday

Happy Hump Day Ladies - where did this week go???

Complaints go here

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    WTF Jury Duty??? ugh. this is the worst time for it. I've got so much going on at work and we are trying to get as much done on the house as possible so we can rent it out / sell it and I need to get my car in to get fixed. I don't have time for this!
  • Options
    Good Luck with everything Sara!

WTF work?  I am not feeling well but there is PLENTY to do...I thought this would be an easy week with the holidays and all, ugh!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    WTF: We are inviting 24 guests to our wedding (immediate/close family only). We got a call the other day from FH's grandmother who received our save the date and was extremely excited. So excited that apparently she called all of the other family members (there are a LOT and they all live in small-ish town a few states away from us) and...I quote "they are all looking forward to taking a trip"

FH was so shocked he did not know what to say in fear of hurting her feelings (he is not good with conflict and/or surprises like this). So now, we've (he's) got to make a follow up call and explain the situation.

I'm actually not stressed (and actually told my FMIL a few weeks ago that I was worried about "wedding crashers" b/c I've seen the come one, come all behavior in his family) but find amusing in a WTF-way. Since when did a single STD addressed to "Mrs XYZ" = an invite for 50 people?!?!?!
  • Options
    @mmm4763 That is bananas! And I now have a new fear on my hands, so thank you for that. Actually, I already have a sneaking suspicion that some people we may not invite will just book their trips in be in Florence that week "just in case," and I need to be ok with that. But I love the gall of that grandma! Reminds me of every relative on my dad's side. Good luck to you! These come one come all families can be very difficult for outsiders.
  • Options
    @icecreamcono--Thanks! And sorry!! We laughed to ourselves...I mean, they are more than welcome to "take a trip" to the Biltmore that weekend but we can't accommodate them for the ceremony/reception.

I come from a large Italian family, so I "get it" to some extent but they would never assume 1 invitation meant "the entire family". Luckily we don't see his extended family very often--and at times I can't believe his parents were raised in that environment (both from same small town) b/c they are so VERY different!
  • Options
    Good luck Sara!  

WTF needing new tires and taking away $300 of wedding money!!!  I was so annoyed when pete got a flat yesterday 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @mmm4763 I kid you not. This happened to me on my drive home today. My mom mentioned a second cousin emailed her to ask to be invited. And my mom was cool with it.

Tonight. Right after my fear was established, it was realized. Making today's WTF full circle, no?
  • Options
    ladies - yikes!! during my planning I had my mom talking to all my family about the wedding plans even though I TOLD her that we were only inviting immediate family and a few friends. Then she was all surprised that we weren't planning on inviting anyone else when the STDs were getting addressed. So we actually ended up caving and inviting some of the family and none of them ended up going anyway. lol
    Good luck!!!
  • Options
    @mmm4763 I kid you not. This happened to me on my drive home today. My mom mentioned a second cousin emailed her to ask to be invited. And my mom was cool with it.

Tonight. Right after my fear was established, it was realized. Making today's WTF full circle, no?
    NO!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards