Offbeat Weddings
Options

Autumn in Summer?

Hello! My favorite season is autumn. I love the feel, the textures, and most importantly, denim (as in jeans)! I grew up on a sheep farm, and I just have very fond memories of being in the country during the fall. Such a beautiful sight! However, my fiance and I have chosen June 21 (ironically the first day of summer) as our wedding next year. As I've mentioned, I love denim, so our main color is navy. Would it be weird for me to incorporate things like apples and some neutral colors that have a more autumn, country vibe during a summer wedding? I hate themes, really. I don't want to have this like a full-blown country wedding, but just to kind of have that feeling of autumn. Any ideas?

Re: Autumn in Summer?

• Options
    taynkeeb said:
    Hello! My favorite season is autumn. I love the feel, the textures, and most importantly, denim (as in jeans)! I grew up on a sheep farm, and I just have very fond memories of being in the country during the fall. Such a beautiful sight! However, my fiance and I have chosen June 21 (ironically the first day of summer) as our wedding next year. As I've mentioned, I love denim, so our main color is navy. Would it be weird for me to incorporate things like apples and some neutral colors that have a more autumn, country vibe during a summer wedding? I hate themes, really. I don't want to have this like a full-blown country wedding, but just to kind of have that feeling of autumn. Any ideas?
    You can decorate however you want and pick whatever colors you want. Your plan sounds perfectly fine. I wonder though - why didn't you pick a fall date? 

I would also ask your FH. It sounds like the colors/decor is mostly based on stuff you like. If he doesn't care, then cool. But he might want to incorporate things that are important to him too.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

Thanks for your reassurance!

He actually likes fall, too! We both grew up in the same general area and fall is both our favorite seasons. We had a limited window to get married next year. We are saving ourselves for marriage and not living together until we're married, and we both just wanted to tie the knot next year. I graduate college in April and he will still have another year to go. His school is in Virginia, while mine is in our hometown in PA. It would be too much of a hassle to try to fit it into his busy school schedule sometime later. We won't live together until we're married, either, so we'd still be 5 hours apart trying to finish planning the wedding and making sure he could be up here and stuff..too much stress for us!

• Options
    I'm doing 'Summer' colors in the middle of October [blue,purple, & teal.]  Not only that, I'm going to be doing it outside under a huge oak tree and a yard full of Fall. If I can do that, then there is no reason for you not to do what you want. I happen to love the Fall color scheme and I would have used it, but I always like the other colors best - they are kinda Star Wars-y and I love being subtlety geek.

It's your wedding. You've heard that before, right? Of course & - except on here- it's usually followed by whatever this 'supportive' person thinks you should do instead. Forget it, you like Autumn and apples? Awesome!
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited September 2013
    There's no reason you can't incorporate autumn colors or fall/country motifs into your wedding.  Apples are delicious year-round.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards